The trunk will mount to a roadster or a touring luggage rack. The Triumph luggage racks for each bike is different though in that the Quick Release rack from a Touring will not work on a Roadster and vice versa. That being said, the trunk that @Delaware rider is selling will work with both bikes, but the rack he has it on will only work on a Touring so Roadster riders will need to supply their own rack. Note that there are a couple of manufactures that make a mounting plate for a trunk which will be much stronger and allow a heavier load if you plan for a permanent mount of the trunk. I have been thinking of that for my Touring so I can load more than the ~22lbs on the rear rack where the trunk is mounted. For example check out:

Wompus Bike Racks - Heavy Duty Custom Built Steel Triumph Motorcycle Racks

@Kerberos - Not to get in the middle of your deal, but you could offer to just buy the trunk (great price and great condition as I was over at @Delaware rider 's place checking it out and would have bought it, but already have a trunk) and have him sell the rear rack separately. Save you on a little shipping weight and those racks still command a pretty penny.

That’s excellent feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time with such a thorough researched response. I’m not dissuaded about getting one, but this will be my first bike with a mounted trunk, so it’s good to anticipate the change in riding dynamics.

After all the input from forum members, I’ll contact Viking directly to be sure I’m able to take advantage of the quick mount and likely see if they actually have a Roadster specific setup. If all of the applications are Touring setups which they have just made work, I definitely won’t want to pay Roadster prices for a Touring setup :thumbsup:
Ya like I said it looks like if they had a roadster speciffic mount it would look kind of like all the other mounts they have for it on the other makes. Anyway here is a shot from the bottom maybe @Delaware rider can turn his over a snap a picture. I like the looks of it. Would probably show interest but you guys posted your interest first and its not like I don't have a trunk anyway.
Screenshot_20191202-100126_Drive.jpg

I'm thinking the difference between bike mounts is the length of the Unistrut braces. But just guessing.

I haven't had anything Viking says is bike specific fit like it's bike specific. First thing I do is throw away all their hardware and buy proper size bolts.

Back