has any one fitted/fabricated explorer type hard panniers to there bike ?
i have a set of new trax panniers and already got a triumph back rest fitted,any pics of anyone who has done this.
they will only be going on when i am touring includung the back rest.??????
thanks all.
i need to know if there,s enough room with the pipes ??

I didn't want to fork out the $1000 for hardware and all for the Triumph bags. Actually, I just couldn't. We'd just moved, I'd just graduated from college, you get the gist. These are the $179 large bags from Cycle Gear on the $40 universal bracket. I watched some You-Tube because I couldn't keep the bags off the pipes and saw how to hard mount the bags. Pretty simply, really... drill holes... but that didn't register at first because I kept thinking my stuff would get wet. I haven't had any problems with leaking. The bags seem close in this picture, but I think I'm about 1.25 inches off the pipes and haven't had ANY troubles. My rides have ranged from 1-5 hours at speeds up to 90 on the interstate.

I am looking at a hard shell replacement only for the locking option. (I sometimes conceal carry and can't always carry my pistol into a store or into our office.) But these have served me well for the last 18 months or so. I'm not able to put a helmet in them, but I always have cold and wet weather gear, my tool bag, bottled water, and other amenities. I have a couple of duffel style bags that fit in each one, so when I get to an overnight location, I just pull them out and take everything with me. (This translates to a backpack and two duffel totes being carried.)

Attachments

• bags.jpg
    bags.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 2
This is my setup - GPZ1100 wingrack adapted with home made brackets. The wing parts were a perfect fit!

With a spare plate to mount just the rear case to the standard rack.

got my gay leather bag/brackets,i knew the brackets wouldent fit,but the bags drag on the pipes ,
they were off the new bonniville.
so here we go ,anyone want to buy a set of bonny leather bags and frames let me know.

I am running Leatherlyke hard saddle bags on EZ brackets with a Give 55 litre topbox which holds two full face helmets.
ride8.JPG

I just looking around at some threads on luggage and you have the bags I have on my 06 classic.

I am wondering if I can mount touring panniers on an 06 as a cheap set is for sale in nz. With all the mounting kit.

Back