Rivco Engine Guard Mounts

Akita Man

.040 Over
Has anyone tried to mount one of these (Rivco Engine Guard Mount) to the factory foot peg rails/mounts on a std Rocket at the foremost area of the rail where it is perpendicular to the engine (in front of the foot brake and shifter)?

It would be a neat and tidy way to install a highway peg with out a crash bar. I hope the images load properly. Otherwise my question will tough to picture.

Capture.JPG

I spent time with Kuryakin trying to utilize their stuff to do that, they have nothing that will work.
If you make it happen, please show us how you did it.

I've wanted pegs there without the crash bars for a long time.

I spent time with Kuryakin trying to utilize their stuff to do that, they have nothing that will work.
If you make it happen, please show us how you did it.

I've wanted pegs there without the crash bars for a long time.

Likewise. The bars are cheesy at best. Too bad Lindby does not fit the R3 with something edgy like they do for V-Twins, HD, etc. Accutronics forward controls would be nice too!:D

There are lots of stuff that would fit if only the lower bar didn't have that 45 degree space on the front. It's finding something that will adjust to that odd angle that' the problem.

Rivco Mounts

There looks to be 2" of parallel round tube before the bend back towards the motor. This area is ahead of the rear brake on the right side and the shift linkage on the left. I think the mount could be installed there and the arm pointed forward at a 45 degree angle.

It almost looks like this would get the pegs ahead and out of the way or both the shift linkage and rear brake pedal.

I believe these arms are 6" long and can be locked in at almost any angle.

A 45 degree forward angle would bring you up 3 inches.

Dosen't Kuryaken or someone make an offset peg that could gain another inch or so?

Kuryakin makes almost everything I needed to make it happen except the part that mounts to the bar. Maybe it could work ... I'd love to see someone do it.

Beyond my current access to equipment. It sure would be nice to have a mill and lathe again. I see those 5 axis milling machines on American Chopper and drool. :p

pegs

Hmmm this has me very interested might have to do a little research myself.
i may even know somebody that may have the equiptment to give it a go once my funds allow it.

Back