Riders Association of Texas/Triumph (RATT)

I have to go to RPM on Saturday to pick up my bike. I will talk to Boris about this idea then.

Today (a week later) I get a call from Triumph, Atlanta Customer Care. I suspect my email to Triumph, UK, probably got passed back to Atlanta. The guy was nice enough, but effectively I got the same song and dance. Basically, its a dealer deal.

So, spent some time today discussing this idea with Boris at RPM and he is interested. We discussed dealer support of a RATT pack and he is willing. This looks like it would provide a bit of a discount for RATT pack members and possibly joint support of some events. We plan to detail out our thoughts (mine from the RATT pack standpoint and his from the dealers) and get back together next week.

The real question in my mind, since response here has been light, is should it be a Triumph riders association or a broader group based upon RPM's product offering (Triumph, Moto Guzzi, KTM, Honda). Personally, I would tend to lean toward a European bike group if not Triumph specific. Not to exclude the Honda guys, but at least be somewhat specific.

Thus, the group could be a Riders Association of Texas (RAT) or like I said before Riders Association of Texas/Triumph (RATT). I guess really it is just mincing words. I do like RATT. That easily could encompass more than Triumph.

Anyhow, I welcome any thoughts. I will keep you up on my and Boris' conversations.

Today (a week later) I get a call from Triumph, Atlanta Customer Care. I suspect my email to Triumph, UK, probably got passed back to Atlanta. The guy was nice enough, but effectively I got the same song and dance. Basically, its a dealer deal.

So, spent some time today discussing this idea with Boris at RPM and he is interested. We discussed dealer support of a RATT pack and he is willing. This looks like it would provide a bit of a discount for RATT pack members and possibly joint support of some events. We plan to detail out our thoughts (mine from the RATT pack standpoint and his from the dealers) and get back together next week.

The real question in my mind, since response here has been light, is should it be a Triumph riders association or a broader group based upon RPM's product offering (Triumph, Moto Guzzi, KTM, Honda). Personally, I would tend to lean toward a European bike group if not Triumph specific. Not to exclude the Honda guys, but at least be somewhat specific.

Thus, the group could be a Riders Association of Texas (RAT) or like I said before Riders Association of Texas/Triumph (RATT). I guess really it is just mincing words. I do like RATT. That easily could encompass more than Triumph.

Anyhow, I welcome any thoughts. I will keep you up on my and Boris' conversations.

Bump -
Harley Too, Anything ever come of this? Seems like the area is getting more Rocket Captains!

Harley Too responded this to the PM I sent him:

"No, sadly, it died from a lack of interest."

c'mon Texicans :whitstling:

Back