replacing rear shocks

Lemieuxfan

Supercharged
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
hey everyone!!
i'm sure this has been beyond discussed please catch me up i am thinking of keep fronts the same but replacing the rear shocks with:
Progressive Suspension 412 Series Shocks Heavy Duty 12.5" Chrome #412-4219C

thoughts?

I've replaced shocks on about avery bike I've owned and over the years I learned an important lesson, don't compromise. If you want a better ride, pay for it. On my Rocket I put Hagon's on it. Great shocks. Replaced the fork springs with progressive springs to improve the front as well. On my T-120 Race Tech's on the back with progressive springs in the front including preload adjusters, on my Bobber Black Ohlins in back (and put Matris full emulators in the front). My spine is worth the money I spend to save it (the Bobber alone was over $2000). If you go cheap you don't get the quality and it will not be as adjustable as you may desire. Go with rebuildable kit for the long term and you will be happier in the end (at least the part you sit on).

Bobber rear suspension going in:
1679591885289.jpeg

Bobber's front suspension after Monkey Moto fitted Matris emulators (fully adjustable for preload, rebound and compression damping):
1679592519707.jpeg

My T-120 with upgraded rear suspension better fork springs and fork preload adjusters:
1679592030988.jpeg

The only bike I have with really good suspension equipment from the factory, my 98 Trophy 1200:
1679592344763.jpeg

Can't talk to the 412, but I've had my 444 shocks in for going on 3 yrs and night and day difference. I got the 13" and they made the steering more responsive also. Progressive was running a deal if you buy 444, then you get free springs for the front as well, so the cost was easier to swallow too!

As Idaho Red Rocket says, go for the 444's
I have replaced mine with the 444HD 13 inch, along with Progressive fork inserts in the front, much better ride and handling.

Back