BigDel

.020 Over
Hey all!

Well...I've finally got to 1,000 mi on my '07 classic. I celebrated by going out for a quick ride with a friend who has a GSXR 1000 on some curvy roads. Road it like I was on a sportbike. Ran BEAUTIFULLY!

One thing happened, though, that is on my mind. At the beginning of the ride, I accidentally took the bike to redline and felt the rev limiter kick in (which is how I knew I hit redline).

Other than one other time that I slipped into neutral, I've never hit redline. On my other bikes, I did not make it a habit.

Is there anything I should worry about? Or did the rev limiter do its job fine and I don't have to worry? (please tell me the latter)

Hey all!

Well...I've finally got to 1,000 mi on my '07 classic. I celebrated by going out for a quick ride with a friend who has a GSXR 1000 on some curvy roads. Road it like I was on a sportbike. Ran BEAUTIFULLY!

One thing happened, though, that is on my mind. At the beginning of the ride, I accidentally took the bike to redline and felt the rev limiter kick in (which is how I knew I hit redline).

Other than one other time that I slipped into neutral, I've never hit redline. On my other bikes, I did not make it a habit.

Is there anything I should worry about? Or did the rev limiter do its job fine and I don't have to worry? (please tell me the latter)

Sounds like you really messed up...now you need to sell your bike to me for scrap prices. ;)

I think you'll be fine...I imagine a lot here have done that

Nothing to worry about. That's why they put the limiter in.

if you get Tuneboy, you can raise the rev limit. Then you can worry.

Just don't down shift when you're there or close to it. There is no rev limiter that will be able to stop mechanical over rev.

Just don't down shift when you're there or close to it. There is no rev limiter that will be able to stop mechanical over rev.

That is a very telling statement. Taking the bike to the rev limiter and downshifting will probably put at least one hole in your gas tank and if it's the rear slug, it will be your balls on the piston crown..........:D:kk:

Back