Headers glowing bright red!

GaryA

Supercharged
Ride
2010 Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster
This morning i noticed some heat from the engine after slowly riding to our gate.
As i rode down the road i looked down and noticed the headers glowing red!

This is really not good and as much as i hate driving i turned around and drove the car.

Nothing has changed or been altered on the bike, pretty much ever, and this has never happened.

I am thinking maybe some fuel system cleaner to clean out the fuel system.

Any ideas, please?

Okay, ill have a look at that but i haven't noticed any leaks.

Thing is i have no sence of smell so that makes it interesting, but we will get there.

This is a normal condition on a stock bike believe it or not.

Neville Lush posted a pic of exactly this when he was doing his baseline pull on a stock bike a year or two back.

I suggest giving Lushy a call since you're in AUS and seeing what he can do for you.

Bloody, it was dark when i left this morning so other days i just didnt notice it.
Bike is well due a valve clearance check, and maybe a compression check too, so i will do that just to be sure.

Okay, ill have a look at that but i haven't noticed any leaks.

Thing is i have no sence of smell so that makes it interesting, but we will get there.
The fuel pump is in the tank, so you can't see it from the outside. Has it started running any different?

I have mine heat wrapped but in the middle where there is a slight gap in the wrapping I can see a red glow when dark, non stock.

Been super hot. I noticed you said you were driving slowly. I recommend riding faster, improves the heat air exchange efficiency;)

Bikes running has not changed at all, so thats good.

I will try riding faster too, it can't hurt:D

It does seem like it is relatively normal.

I will get the Hanso tune in though.

Back