Will Ceramic Coating Headers Affect Bike?

buddazero

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster 2018
Hey,

So, I got custom headers and the stock tune completely turned the pipes blue and all sorts of colors, was running super lean, even my pants caught fire. Fortunately I got a map on it right now which it treating the bike, and on the 15 of August I'm getting it Dyno tuned.

That being said, sometime in the winter I plan on getting the exhaust headers ceramic coated to Satin Black (trying to match the color of the engine to blend) just for that extra layer of heat protection, since the guys said it's a process; they'll have to send it to the Chrome shop to chemically get the chrome off, then they do their process of ceramic coating it, then curing it, etc.

Since I'm getting the Dyno tune first, then ceramic coating the Exhaust months later...will that mess up the Tune the bike has? I know that the ceramic coating keeps the heat within, but will it affect the bike to a huge degree, to the point where I may have to get it Dyno Tuned a second time? I've only been riding motorcycles for 3 years so I'm still learning; any insightful info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

- Budda

I do not think your coating will affect the tune or the bike in any negative way. Running it lean like that has been much more problematic. You’re good to go.

I do not think your coating will affect the tune or the bike in any negative way. Running it lean like that has been much more problematic. You’re good to go.

Thank you for answering my question. So, when it's winter and I'm not riding I'll get the headers ceramic coated!

Back