Landstar

Adapt adjust overcome
Ride
2015 Rocket Roadster
I am definitely going to buy The Vikings crossover Pipe ,2015 Roadster, Ramair, TORS,
I am also considering the headers, I have forward controls and love them, My worry is with the legs forward is there a heat problem. Anybody with forward controls and these headers please let me know if there is a heat problem. Also Ulf Penner's Roadster map is set up for Ramair, TORS, and crossover pipe, is there a map that includes the Viking headers also.

Thanks for any and all help, from any of you mad scientists Captains.

This has been discussed ad nauseum. The design of the Rocket that has the headers exposed in the area of the rider's right leg is problematic.

A number of us have installed the Viking headers successfully.

First, you should build into your overall plan for the headers, of getting the bike dyno tuned. You can make arrangements to have it done while you wait, so make the trip there and back.

Two of us (the other being @mully95 ) have used empirical data obtained from where our pant leg material melted, and determined to attach a shield at that point, and have be riding happily ever since.

Of course, you knowing ahead of time, wouldn't have to actually melt anything -- could set it with a helper marking the header region where your leg is, and then address that region as you see fit.

Others may have other solutions that work for them.

In sum, if you want the benefits of the headers, it's workable.

Thank you very much, it seem lke the greatest improvement in HP is in the crossover pipe. Any pictures of any shields used to protect the pant leg, would be greatly appreciated. The bad thing is the wife has already went to a Jewelry sale, so I am cleared for the purchase of headers and crossover. Just got figure out about the heat. Thanks again

This has been discussed ad nauseum. The design of the Rocket that has the headers exposed in the area of the rider's right leg is problematic.

A number of us have installed the Viking headers successfully.

First, you should build into your overall plan for the headers, of getting the bike dyno tuned. You can make arrangements to have it done while you wait, so make the trip there and back.

Two of us (the other being @mully95 ) have used empirical data obtained from where our pant leg material melted, and determined to attach a shield at that point, and have be riding happily ever since.

Of course, you knowing ahead of time, wouldn't have to actually melt anything -- could set it with a helper marking the header region where your leg is, and then address that region as you see fit.

Others may have other solutions that work for them.

In sum, if you want the benefits of the headers, it's workable.

Your so mean Paul!! But in a nice way!!

IMG_0557.JPG IMG_0560.JPG IMG_0550.JPG Calvigers tune works very well. Right tune heat is not a issue. Forward highway foot pegs with the viking system used daily. A little hotter than stock pipes but that can be expected. No real issues at all.

I'm glad you learned to use the search function but am also glad you posted. Check out the resource section and try and get Tune Ecu while it still exists. You will probably find something that will get you going until you can find a good dyno tuner. Remember that aftermarket headers will always be hotter than the stock ones with heat shields. Chaps or ankle chaps that can be found at western supply stores are your friend. Get in touch with @Paul Bryant and see how long the wait will be as he makes pipes for people all over the world and their is usually a wait.

IMG_0557.JPG IMG_0560.JPG IMG_0550.JPG Calvigers tune works very well. Right tune heat is not a issue. Forward highway foot pegs with the viking system used daily. A little hotter than stock pipes but that can be expected. No real issues at all.
Right now I have been using Android
Right now I have android Tune ECU, where do I find Calvigers tune , is this a member? And thanks for the info.

I'm glad you learned to use the search function but am also glad you posted. Check out the resource section and try and get Tune Ecu while it still exists. You will probably find something that will get you going until you can find a good dyno tuner. Remember that aftermarket headers will always be hotter than the stock ones with heat shields. Chaps or ankle chaps that can be found at western supply stores are your friend. Get in touch with @Paul Bryant and see how long the wait will be as he makes pipes for people all over the world and their is usually a wait.
Thanks Big Norm , I have Tune ECU in Android, I thought the Android version was going to be here awhile?

Back