Red hot exhaust headers

Smitty81

.060 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket III Roadster
This is likely a stupid question, but I took my Roadster for a night ride this evening and when I got home I noticed the exhaust headers glowing a faint red behind the heat shields. I can't recall ever seeing glowing headers on my previous bike. This thing is still brand-new (400 miles on the odo). Should I be concerned or does this thing just run that hot?

I had a mate who bought a S/H Ducati sports bike. We were going on a rally when he picked it up. Soon after 1 header was glowing red. Crawled it to rally site. Bikeshop came down. Had a massive audience while repairing. Was water down spark plug holes from where they washed it before he collected. We were amazed. Dried everything no more problems. Other than it being a Ducati.

They will do that with the factory tune which is quite lean. Once I downloaded a richer tune, it pretty much resolved it.

Of course she glows when you give her a bit ...... Very large volumes of very hot gases through thin metal pipes .... there is also a degree of friction involved here as well .... just part of the wonderful things that the Rocket III give us to make us realise its one bloody huge M...... F......

Back