Reband Install

R3Tex

Living Legend
Ride
'13 Rocket III Roadster
Need a little help from you guys out thre that are running Rebands. I just picked up a set of used Reband's to install on my '09 from Kenny's (RIP) widow. My question is this; the pipes are in four separate pieces (three individual header pipes going loosely into the collector), is there some sort of seal or sealant I'm supposed to be using for installation? I can see on the pipes where they were leaking exhaust gases when they were on Kenny's bike and I'd rather not have that happen on this bike. Any suggestions?

Morris, i use high temp silicon. Clean the sealing area and apply a smear arrond the inside of the collector end.
Install header pipes loosly then the muffler then tighten the headers

Thanks Tony...that's what I was looking for. Couldn't imagine just slipping the header pipes into the collector and leaving it at that. You still satisfied with them?

Yeah they do get very hot tho. And the ceramic coating is not the best quality. Otherwise good.

Morris, i use high temp silicon. Clean the sealing area and apply a smear arrond the inside of the collector end.
Install header pipes loosly then the muffler then tighten the headers

That's what I did .. new flange gaskets as well .. no leaks . Be loaning Mittzy the heat shield Ponters had made while I'm off the road in a month or so. He's going to have a go at making himself a heat shield .. keep an eye open as he may be adding heat shields to his after-market parts portfolio.

That's what I did .. new flange gaskets as well .. no leaks . Be loaning Mittzy the heat shield Ponters had made while I'm off the road in a month or so. He's going to have a go at making himself a heat shield .. keep an eye open as he may be adding heat shields to his after-market parts portfolio.
Dunno about making more yet as i got to see how much of a ***** it will be to make one set

The pipes I picked up came with a carbon fiber heat shield that has never been installed. Worth the effort?

The pipes I picked up came with a carbon fiber heat shield that has never been installed. Worth the effort?
Yeah .... Mines a bit burned . But it does work. Try to get some glass washers as fibre washers will dissapear

Back