Bridgestone exedra max........its a 55 profile...the metz is a 50...but 55 is the way to go...i got 16000 kms out of my last one...but it comes down to road conditions and how you ride...if you ride fast and hard all the time its obvious what will happen..

So what is a good front tire to go with the Bridgestone Exedra Max? I've read that some guys use a different brand and/or a different size.

Many a mile spent and many a tire spent. Avon Cobra chromes all the way around. 66.000 miles on a brand new Rocket X bought in Oct 2015. Rode tested and hug up wet.

I just bought another Bridgestone Battlecruise H50 Front 140/75R-17 (67V) for $114 from Rocky Mountain. The first time I tried one it cupped badly, but it's the cheaper option right now and given the rate that I wear out tires, I'm going to give it another go.

On the bike now is the Michellin Road 5 150/70R17, mounted backwards on the front (per @1olbull 's recommendation), which I've been pretty happy with. The Dunlop American Elite Front Motorcycle Tire 140/75R-17 (67V) Black Wall may still be my favorite for handling so far.

I've yet to try the Cobra Chromes that a lot of riders seem very happy with. The price on the rear version of those makes that a non-choice ($ really ?) unless they somehow wear much slower than the Exedra Max and perform at, or above, that level, which I seriously doubt . Plus, there's that whole recall thing. I always had cupping problems on my '98 Thunderbird Sport with Avon Tires, so hesitant to go there just yet- maybe the front next time.

Last edited:
9,000 miles and still had tread showing on the recall tire. Developed lateral lines in tire and finally replaced with same. All the recall tires have been recalled and Avon did that on there own. Got 10,000 on front tire and no cupping. Really a good tire much better than the Avon cobras.

Possible Rocket Roadster Tires.jpg
Hey, what happened to the list I got from you with the Michelin Road 5 rear tire recommended for the front, the 150/70ZR17 69W(rear tire run in reverse)? I keep that list on top of my to do someday pile. Does it's deletion mean you no longer recommend it? :unsure:

Hey, what happened to the list I got from you with the Michelin Road 5 rear tire recommended for the front, the 150/70ZR17 69W(rear tire run in reverse)? I keep that list on top of my to do someday pile. Does it's deletion mean you no longer recommend it? :unsure:

Here is a current version.
The bold are those I recommended and run on both my Rockets.

Tires_Possible Rocket Roadster.jpg
Tires_Possible Rocket Roadster.jpg

I just put a new Exedra Max on the rear and that backwards Road 5 on the front. I haven’t had a chance to run the curves yet but it feels great. The bar pressure to turn is if much lighter and the bike feels like it lost 50 pounds. I may really like this one.

Back