Richard Tanner

.020 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster and Ducati Diavel
I am new to the forum and to the bike so apologies if I am asking something that has been dealt with before.

I have a new Rocket III Roadster imported into Hong Kong from the UK. I am looking at a passenger sissy bar and luggage rack and the options appears to be the tall or short one provided by Triumph together with the Classic back rest. This would not be for long trips but to provide my good wife with some comfort and security.

Feedback on whether to get the tall or short one would be most welcome.

Many thanks.

Triumph was throwing in the ' touring pack ' when i bought my Standard back in 2009. Got the tall sissy-bar with the pack .. have since shortened to same height as the shorter one. Along with the Classic backrest it's doing the job for us.

I think they'll both do the job; matter of personal preference really. I have the tall one and it suits my missus - she's 6' though. Taller people might feel more secure with the taller bar (but guess shorter people would too......). How aggressive a rider you are likely to be with a passenger on board? Unless you're prime concern is aesthetics, maybe ask your wife which she'd prefer.

I have the taller one. The short one really doesn't give much to lean against. I'd go with the tall one. Your lady will be grateful.

Thanks all. the tall one it is. Easier to shorten it later if that seems a good idea than to make a short one long! Bike got its first service today. Am off to collect it. Can start opening the throttle a little.

I have had both
You made the right choice
Tall is better
And your wife will thank you
It is really is not that much taller
However it does make a difference if your designated to sit in back
My wife likes it much better
The two times she has rode with me
:)

Back