Babarocket3newbie

Rocket Newbie
Ride
2016 Rocket III Roadster
Hey guys,

So finally got around to installing the Ramair kit and Arnott air ride. So, just followed this youtube video and install took about an hour and it was a fairly easy install. After install, used Tune ECU and a @HansO (master guru) tune and did the 12 minute tune... OMG let me just say... should have done it sooner! Quicker throttle response, more power and passing ability, less decel popping... alot more fun! Now just gotta figure HOW NOT to get more speeding tickets...LOL ;0).

Then I wanted to change out the crappy stock shocks and was able to get a set of Arnott Aldans air ride that I had from my old harley NRS and install it. Had to mod the mounting holes since it didn't fit on the roadster. Will be testing them the next few days and see how they are. At first I was hesitant to install them, because of space...where to put the compressor and the solenoid..etc... then after the install of the Ramair, I had the perfect space for them... the now empty air filter space under the seat!... I'm excited to see how they ride!

Here's a video of the Arnott's in action:

Attachments

• IMG_3392.JPG
    IMG_3392.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE tell me you'll not be playing "gangsta" with those shocks.
Shaft drive bikes need stiffish air springing. Actually air springs in general need to be a bit stiff at full extension to operate well once you're sat. If you underfil they will seem HARDER when riding. Counterintuitive but true. You need dynamic sag (you sat) to be approx 1". Static sag - greater than zero - but I aim for 13-15mm.

PLEASE tell me you'll not be playing "gangsta" with those shocks.
Shaft drive bikes need stiffish air springing. Actually air springs in general need to be a bit stiff at full extension to operate well once you're sat. If you underfil they will seem HARDER when riding. Counterintuitive but true. You need dynamic sag (you sat) to be approx 1". Static sag - greater than zero - but I aim for 13-15mm.
Haha barbagris, nah... no "gangsta" here...:D...well...maybe once in a while :sneaky: and only when parked! LOL ... but I usually have it fully extended for stiffness plus yeah... for better manueverability when riding... I just like the look of the Arnotts, plus it was just laying around in the garage. :) Thanks for the info though...

Hey guys,

So finally got around to installing the Ramair kit and Arnott air ride. So, just followed this youtube video and install took about an hour and it was a fairly easy install. After install, used Tune ECU and a @HansO (master guru) tune and did the 12 minute tune... OMG let me just say... should have done it sooner! Quicker throttle response, more power and passing ability, less decel popping... alot more fun! Now just gotta figure HOW NOT to get more speeding tickets...LOL ;0).

Then I wanted to change out the crappy stock shocks and was able to get a set of Arnott Aldans air ride that I had from my old harley NRS and install it. Had to mod the mounting holes since it didn't fit on the roadster. Will be testing them the next few days and see how they are. At first I was hesitant to install them, because of space...where to put the compressor and the solenoid..etc... then after the install of the Ramair, I had the perfect space for them... the now empty air filter space under the seat!... I'm excited to see how they ride!

IMG_3392.JPG
Here's a video of the Arnott's in action:
Do you have any pics with the upgraded suspension? I'm wanting to do mine, just trying to figure out what to get.

Do you have any pics with the upgraded suspension? I'm wanting to do mine, just trying to figure out what to get.
Hey Airman,

hmmmm.... I'll have to take a pic of the shocks when I get home. They are the Arnott's Aldans but as I mentioned in the previous post, they came off of my Harley Vrod and they didn't fit. I had to punch out the bushings and create new ones because the Rocket's mounting was thicker. I also had a tough time trying to figure out where to put the compressor and the solenoid valve. Eventually, I put the compressor in the left cover and the solenoid under the seat with some finagling.

I'll try and take a few pics here in the next few days and show ya....

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Bob

Hey Airman,

hmmmm.... I'll have to take a pic of the shocks when I get home. They are the Arnott's Aldans but as I mentioned in the previous post, they came off of my Harley Vrod and they didn't fit. I had to punch out the bushings and create new ones because the Rocket's mounting was thicker. I also had a tough time trying to figure out where to put the compressor and the solenoid valve. Eventually, I put the compressor in the left cover and the solenoid under the seat with some finagling.

I'll try and take a few pics here in the next few days and show ya....

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Bob
Thanks brother!

It would be interesting to know what you ordered, as Arnott does not show any fitment for Triumph on their site, much less the Rocket.

Back