Rain Gear Comparison

I have a set of gortex wet weather gear from all places the London Underground.

Got off a workmate whose brother works for them.

It's bright orange and has reflector strips on it too.

Have spent up to 5 hours riding in pouring rain with just a stop for gas and only thing wet is my feet.

The coat is long enough for me to sit on it and has a very high collar that I can tuck inside the back of the helmet so no water running down your back. I've had it for about 8 years and still water proof

I wear a pair of old GoreTex woodland came pants with taped seams (if you can still find them at a surplus store, they are excellent). I was less impressed with the newer camo GoreTex for the digi patterns, just not the same quality as the last contractor who actually seemed to care about the service members or maybe we had better acquisition managers back in the woodland camo days. Either way, they are great for the times I have to don rain gear while out on a ride and they are fabric lined so they don't melt on the exhaust like FrogToggs. For a coat, I have the rain liner for my Joe Rocket mesh jacket or the Klim Latitude GoreTex jacket when riding on cooler days or knowing the rain is coming. This setup has served me well and offers much more breathability so I can focus on the ride and less on the discomfort.

Thanks for the reminder I have one or two sets of GorTex from past deployments (different patterns)... unfortunately I will need to get motivated to find them... though just moving to Florida I may need to take @scot in exile advice.
-MIG

Back