Size comparison R3 V R3R

Wow it looks like the new Rocket front tire is so much wider, having a wider tire on front for big bike does that improve handling?
The Radiator seems to be the same size, I would of like to see a more narrow radiator ,
But the did slim it down all around that's for sure.
I wonder how much a new 2.5 engine is and if that could be easily put into the older Rocket , I guess when some ones older Rockets engine blows or cost too much money to fix some one will put this 2.5 engine in there old Rocket.:)
I wonder if insurance will go up for those that buy the 2.5 Rocket compared to their 2.3 Rocket?

The front tire is still a 150...same as the current Rocket.
When i measured the length of the new R model against mine and found it to be about 1/2 an inch or so shorter, i was forgetting the front axle on the new bike is not in the centre of the forks but back a bit...if it was in the centre then both generations of Rocket would be pretty darn close to each other....

I like the new model bikes but they are not real touring machines imho.

I think I understand what you're getting at. I had a 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour and can't say enough good things about how well it worked at its mission statement. Great bike. However one of the reasons I sold it after 25K miles is it was so good it, to me, was more inconvenient car than motorcycle.

Which is why I wish Triumph had made the new GT with a 6 gallon tank, full fenders front and rear, and more passenger room. They already have the TFC and R3R for grabbing the headlines, I would have liked something more geared to the over the road riders. I know FOR ME, the fuel range won't work traveling in the West.

First World problem, eh? Good news is, it makes it easier to resist buying a new one.

:laugh:
I think I understand what you're getting at. I had a 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour and can't say enough good things about how well it worked at its mission statement. Great bike. However one of the reasons I sold it after 25K miles is it was so good it, to me, was more inconvenient car than motorcycle.

Which is why I wish Triumph had made the new GT with a 6 gallon tank, full fenders front and rear, and more passenger room. They already have the TFC and R3R for grabbing the headlines, I would have liked something more geared to the over the road riders. I know FOR ME, the fuel range won't work traveling in the West.

First World problem, eh? Good news is, it makes it easier to resist buying a new one.
I’m sure someone will put a big batwing fairing with music and huge saddlebags and a trunk on one pretty soon. Add a custom 7 gallon tank and a sofa style seat and it will be fugly for sure but ready for all week ride.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

well it wont be me!!!you can put the farm on that!!
:sick: closest I could find to puke emoji

I hate to see a nice bike get all mucked up by someone trying to turn into something it is not.

I had a car dealer give me the roll eyes and tell me I was trying to do that to a car I bought from him. I put a cat delete performance pipe and a tune in a Bentley GTC.:rolleyes::p

so i understand that you can have your bike set up for you upon leaving the factory...if you want an R model with rear rack etc...
If one was to order a GT model but not want the forward footrests and got them to mount mid footrests instead, would they charge you for that...and if they did, would you still get the original ones in a box???Afterall it was part of the purchase price...or do you think they may just change them and not add any dollars...hmmmmm.

Back