R3T Chrome Bling project by Ishrub

Maybe he was in the running of the Bulls, or the Oz equivalent, and got caught riding down a very narrow alley.

Maybe he was in the running of the Bulls, or the Oz equivalent, and got caught riding down a very narrow alley.

Car accident?...….Those **** things are dangerous!

Ah yes - Eaten by a Bloody Great Tiger.

Unfortunately I got my assumptions wrong about 'him' dying last year his executor has obviously had a lot to do since 2016. I suppose it takes a long time to dispose of 700+ vehicles something that @Mittzy , I and few others here may need to consider! ;):p:D

Bit of Google foo and voila!

LIDDEN
Andrew James SC
31st March 2016
Late of Mittagong
Local Boy made good, possibly the top lawyer in Australia and a true enthusiast biker!
How the hell he achieved all that in just 62 years is amazing, it seems he was an absolute legend!

Andrew James Lidden SC (1954–2016)
Khandhar, Paresh --- "Andrew Lidden SC Obituary" [2016] NSWBarAssocNews 68; (2016, Spring) Bar News: Journal of the NSW Bar Association 71

A selection of extracts:
Andrew James Lidden was born on 20 February 1954, a Southern Highlander through and through. He read law at the Australian National University. His legendary passion for all things automotive was well entrenched by his early teens and started with motorcycles. He promptly became and remained a collector of cars and motorcycles.

Lidden was called to the bar in 1978. He became a member of Frederick Jordan Chambers. In those days a clerk of chambers would simply allocate cases to those available and keen which meant juniors had to be fast learners. Lidden was fearless and bright and as a result appeared in every jurisdiction. Even back then, he would hold his pink ribboned brief in one hand and a motorcycle magazine in the other.
....He managed the enormous workload of administering the country’s largest chambers and his huge practice right up until his passing. In the course of his career performing plaintiff personal injury work vast reforms took place across motor vehicle, workplace and public liability accidents. Lidden was at the forefront of finding ways to get more for those whose common law entitlements were ever increasingly eroded by government.
.....When once asked by a District Court judge whether he had any authority for a proposition he was advancing the reply was immediate 'Yes Your Honour, Lidden on the bleeding obvious…'

After taking silk in 2006 it was his intention to continue with his prolific practice until his children were settled into university. He looked forward to a time when he would take on fewer and more interesting cases perhaps returning to crime. His illness deprived him of that opportunity and deprived us the opportunity to see him become a great statesman of the Common Law Bar. He was devoted to his family, his wife Elleanor and their children William and Zara.

View Andrew LIDDEN's Notice on smh.com.au and share memories

First purchase - fairly non-committing.

The front brake reservoir and master cylinder alloy housing was almost ground down to fluid and toast but I found they are a shared part with a few Thunderbirds and found one cheap from the UK for £30, Au$79 delivered to Oz
1 AUD = 0.5317 GBP
GBP 29.99
Postage GBP 12.00
GST* GBP 4.20
Total GBP 46.19

Triumph Thunderbird 1600 2011

1 MASTER CYLINDER ASSY FRONT T2028025 Replaces T2028000
1-3 IN STOCK Au$411.96 inc. VAT (£230.00)

9895b14f5aa183b61f3d505cf7ed89b3.png

Note the 7" headlight insert (#1 Headlamp Assy, Sym T2701009 Replaces T2700135 ) itself is the same for many Triumphs models going back 20+ years to the Adventurer and 865/900 Thunderbirds even. T100 Bonnevilles, Thruxtons, you name it they all use the same internal light.
Triumph, ADVENTURER (from VIN 71699), Headlight/Mountings
Triumph, ADVENTURER (to VIN 71698), Headlight/Mountings
Triumph, AMERICA (EFI models), Headlight Assembly 468390
Triumph, BONNEVILLE & SE MODELS (from VIN 380777), Headlight Assembly
Triumph, BONNEVILLE & T100 (carb models), Headlight Assembly
Triumph, BONNEVILLE & T100 (EFI Models), Headlight Assembly
Triumph, LEGEND TT, Headlight/Mountings
Triumph, ROCKET III TOURING , Headlight Assembly
Triumph, THRUXTON 900 (carb models), Headlight Assembly
Triumph, THRUXTON 900 (efI models), Headlight Assembly

T2701010 LH dip for UK, Australia/NZ and Japan
T2701011 RH dip for USA,EU etc

Luckily I still have it taped in place.

06b5adace431b875c7a6b819e785521a.png

Only a few share the front ring too but none I think are a direct replacement for the light bucket itself.

R3 Touring
America Carb and EFI up to 468389
Speedmaster Carb and EFI up to 469049
Thunderbird LT

Want to Buy - R3T complete headlight or ring T2700307 -America/Speedmaster/Thunderbird LT

Last edited:
Back