R3T Chrome Bling project by Ishrub

Got the pannier rails fitted a week ago.
The new Fork springs and fork emulators arrived so need to book in to the Suspension Smith at Fyshwick.

I had 5 different Zumo RAM etc ball mounts for bars, mirrors stems, UK Custom steel to chose from.....and then while successfully shopping a week or so ago at our hardware superstore Bunnings for some door stopper rubbers to grind down conical on the stone knife wheel to fit my pannier rails (kindly sent by Norman @Sparky59 ), I found a cool magnetic cup and ball on a stem stainless door stop with the perfect diameter stainless ball and a cool mounting system I thought I could adapt somehow AND ALL FOR Au$10 (US$6.80).

After examining most surfaces and considering a screen mount I twigged that is would fit the lower instrument bezel mount perfectly, and allow easy screen changes.
It worked far better than I could have imagined as I hate trying to read my Zumo 595 screen at a distance and operating buttons at a stretch is a pain whether stationary or mobile.

The mount fitted the instrument cluster perfectly without any modification, is immediately reversible and takes a few minutes at most to fit.
Just a longer M6 Mushroom head Allen or Hex head will do. About double the length as the height of indent dip and extra mount.
The base has 3 mounting holes you can ignore and just put a 6mm drill through the centre cross hole (used to screw to the stem with a large Phillips or flat screwdriver), and fit the new bolt through.
I had a big rubber washer in my 'oddments bin' or just use any available gasket over tank ie rubber from glove/tube, leather or cloth.
I found a small hat washer in my 'bits and pieces' to better file the indent so wacked it on between washer and base.
Tightened the bolt and threaded on stem. Ready to go.

I'll try the straight stem to the Zumo but if I need more length or angle adjustments there is an extended jointed version in the shed.

I pulled it all apart and refitted for the photos today in a few minutes.

By mounting so close to the seat it is easy with the quality rubber sheathed cable and leather tank bib to cover the wiring and have a direct route to battery without interfering with other wiring or frame parts etc.
In other words a complete doddle, much unlike my usual wiring efforts which taKE ME HOURS AND NUMEROUS IMPOSSIBLE CONTORTIONS OF FINGERS AND LIMBS TO THREAD SOME WIRE THROUGH AN IMPOSSIBBLE HOLE AFTER REMOVING AND THEN REPLACING THE PLUG ETC ETC., oOPS PHAT FHUMS AGAIN sorry!

P1060302.JPG
P1060307.JPG
P1060308.JPG
P1060309.JPG
P1060310.JPG
P1060311.JPG
P1060312.JPG
P1060313.JPG
P1060314.JPG
P1060316.JPG

Last edited:
Well the Bling has been down the M5 toll road in Sydney just after the Hume H'way overpass on Thurs 29 Sept on the way to RDU.
Raining and went to cover front brakes with trailing throttle with 70 meters gap to vehicles ahead.
I did a Fluro Yellow backwards belly down snow angel for a 100 meters or so. Bike was put upright and eventually rode it to my mates 10km away. We attended the RDU in his Volvo stn wagon and then I rode it back to Canberra Tuesday 4th Oct.

It went to assessor yesterday and appears to be a write-off.:(
Agreed value Au$11500 (US$7200)
$500 excess

I have itemised all my costs now.
$11000 - $14577 cost = -$3577
So I will not break even.

I have learnt my lesson and will never do another 'Repairable write-off despite the very cheap original purchase on eBay.

I got some of the bling off but ALL listed below remains on it and is gone.

Purchased R3T on eBay $1350

Delivered prices Aussie $
Used parts:

Tank (wrong) $100
Tank $300.
RHS Pannier case $641
Brake master Cylinder $79
MOULDING INFILL SIDE PANEL COVER LEFT RIGHT $39
Pipes free freight $325
Tank cap $20
Oxford Hot Grips $60
Chrome switch set $320
clutch perch $170
Total= $2054

New parts:

T2352073-PG LHS Pannier painted base. new $240
T2352041-PG LHS Pannier Lid. new $150
T2352006 Pannier hinge $90
T2702000 Pannier reflector $15
A9758158 Chromeline Rider Foot boards $170 (a Triumph America /Thunderbird accessory)
T2700307 Rim headlight $173
4 x T2701019 Spring Clip, Headlight $40
3x Indicators lens $80
T2701012 - HEADLIGHT BOWL ASSY $171
T2202242 - COVER, AIRBOX, CHROMED $209
T2352070 - DRESSER BAR, PANNIER, LH $109
T2352075 - DRESSER BAR, PANNIER, RH $109
T2307221PG - SIDEPANEL, LH, PAINTED, JET BLACK $395
T2307224PG - SIDEPANEL, RH, PAINTED, JET BLACK $395
2x T3020003 - GROMMET. DIA 20X3X6.2 ID $8
2x T3203222 - BOLT, HHF, M6*1*12, SLV $7
Total = Au$2363

Luxuries fitted after being re-road registered:

Chrome Adaptive LED headlight $240
A9758082 / T2040539 Classic Rocket III handle bars $160
T2049235 Black extra length risers $70
A9638024 Chrome metal billet handlebar clamp $80
A9730221 Chrome metal licence plate mount $80
A9638032 Chrome Oval Drilled stem mirrors $180
A9708113 Roadster extra tall see through factory screen with chrome Quick Release (QR) fittings $250
A9758067 Quick Release (QR) Sissy bar mounts $200
A9758075 Rear fender trim covers $75
A9758099 Chrome Front Engine Dresser Bars $200
A9718018 Chromeline Gear shifter rubber is actually a small brake rubber forced $20
A9738069 Chrome metal Front Brake Master Cyl cover $90
A9738158 Chrome metal front hand levers $100
A9730642 Chromed metal front brake piston covers (a Triumph Thunderbird accessory) $70
A9758115 Chrome Pannier guard rails PANNIER GUARD RAILS $600
A9738066 Chromed metal Side Panel protectors $150
A9738065 Pannier Embellisher Skirt kit $120
A9608090 Triumph TORs muffler cans and High flow crossover pipe $500
Total = $3110

Other costs:
$4500
Transport $850
Insurance $350

There I was........

1665652086425.png

;):roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Ouch $14,577 and that Luxury 'gold rat tooth bling' taste of mine was $3110, so the insured agreed value of $11500 was spot on when registered.

Last edited:
The good news:

I have heaps more R3Touring bits new, used and unmarked left over now I will not use myself or need anymore.
Including 2x complete Triumph spotlight sets, one NOS complete and the other made up of used and new Triumph factory parts.
A few NOS and used quick release Triumph screens;
Boulevarde Quick Detach R3T Chrome peak flyscreen
New Mustang luxury two part studded seat separate Solo rider and pillion optional fitment
Factory Triumph Longhaul seat for riders backrest. I have the parts to make a custom fit rider's backrest for it as I am keeping the factory one for my Roadster.
Triumph round mirror pairs
Triumph NOS leather:
Plain or studded sets of all three available.
Sissy bar bags; tank bibs; and screen bags. .
2x brand new complete NOS Phantom Black Gold pinstirped panniers BOTH RHS but all fittings are interchangeable left or right and will also fit my used LHS Jet Black case shell base and lid.
Good Jet Black LHS lid and bottom case base with slight scuff painted over on lid
Front and rear wheels - used but unmarked
Complete NOS Sissy bar Quick Detach kits with rack, side fender covers and back pads
Switch blocks right and left
New Clutch cable
as new Paper air cleaner freebie
Blinker lens freebie
Right and left hand levers
Triumph stock Headlight insert
Headlight Chrome visors
Chrome headlight shell - good except one dime size 'popable' ding
Stock R3T handlebars
Stock R3T handgrips
2x sets Pannier Chrome embellisher covers
2x rear Chrome Solo rider fender spears
Chrome handlebar billet top clamp plate
Chrome oil tank embellisher
RIVCO Chrome wide footplate cover

NOS complete sets of rider and passenger footboards and rubber mats either plain black or Chromeline bling
Matching Chromeline foot brake and gear lever rubbers

New in box:
RaceTech fork springs
RaceTech fork emulators - valveing upgrade

Last edited:
The good news:

I have heaps more R3Touring bits new, used and unmarked left over now I will not use myself or need anymore.
Including 2x complete Triumph spotlight sets, one NOS complete and the other made up of used and new Triumph factory parts.
A few NOS and used quick release Triumph screens;
Boulevarde Quick Detach R3T Chrome peak flyscreen
New Mustang luxury two part studded seat separate Solo rider and pillion optional fitment
Factory Triumph Longhaul seat for riders backrest. I have the parts to make a custom fit rider's backrest for it as I am keeping the factory one for my Roadster.
Triumph round mirror pairs
Triumph NOS leather:
Plain or studded sets of all three available.
Sissy bar bags; tank bibs; and screen bags. .
2x brand new complete NOS Phantom Black Gold pinstirped panniers BOTH RHS but all fittings are interchangeable left or right and will also fit my used LHS Jet Black case shell base and lid.
Good Jet Black LHS lid and bottom case base with slight scuff painted over on lid
Front and rear wheels - used but unmarked
Complete NOS Sissy bar Quick Detach kits with rack, side fender covers and back pads
Switch blocks right and left
New Clutch cable
as new Paper air cleaner freebie
Blinker lens freebie
Right and left hand levers
Triumph stock Headlight insert
Headlight Chrome visors
Chrome headlight shell - good except one dime size 'popable' ding
Stock R3T handlebars
Stock R3T handgrips
2x sets Pannier Chrome embellisher covers
2x rear Chrome Solo rider fender spears
Chrome handlebar billet top clamp plate
Chrome oil tank embellisher
RIVCO Chrome wide footplate cover

NOS complete sets of rider and passenger footboards and rubber mats either plain black or Chromeline bling
Matching Chromeline foot brake and gear lever rubbers

New in box:
RaceTech fork springs
RaceTech fork emulators - valveing upgrade
Hi ishrub do you still have the spotlight sets? If so could you pm me with details, thanks

Hi ishrub do you still have the spotlight sets? If so could you pm me with details, thanks
Yeah mate, I have a couple of now spare complete kits, one new and one combination of new and used parts sourced worldwide.
I have a couple of the switched USA lamps, and the UK fog lamp lens type too.

I have a new Boulevard mini flyscreen available now too!
FOG LAMPS 4.5" (EC) - CHROME (EC Market) A9938095
AUX LAMPS 4.5" (US) - CHROME (US Market) A9938085
1671340477406.png

QUICK RELEASE BOULEVARD PEAK A9708156
1671340504760.png

Here she is...... sold at auction for $3500 including auction fees a couple of weeks ago and now for sale and online via a eBay wrecker as expected.

Yep sold now. not sure if he got his price Australin$6995 but must have made something.
I wonder if the new owner is planning to put her back on the road.
Lets see if they turn up on the forum and I can provide the parts ;) :cool: :roll::roll:

Yeah mate, I have a couple of now spare complete kits, one new and one combination of new and used parts sourced worldwide.
I have a couple of the switched USA lamps, and the UK fog lamp lens type too.

I have a new Boulevard mini flyscreen available now too!
FOG LAMPS 4.5" (EC) - CHROME (EC Market) A9938095
AUX LAMPS 4.5" (US) - CHROME (US Market) A9938085
1671340477406.png

QUICK RELEASE BOULEVARD PEAK A9708156
1671340504760.png
Ive just got hold of a boulevard peak from a triumph dealer over here, Brand new ! Must have been lost at the back of the wharehouse, ive never seen one come up for sale before. Can you let me know the costs inc. Shipping of the new/uk spotlight set to blighty, cheers

Ive just got hold of a boulevard peak from a triumph dealer over here, Brand new ! Must have been lost at the back of the wharehouse, ive never seen one come up for sale before. Can you let me know the costs inc. Shipping of the new/uk spotlight set to blighty, cheers
No worries I will dig them out in the next few days.
I have a few enquiries for other stuff too, so I have to be brave and empty the shed tomorrow to find all the items.

Back