R3T Driving light issue

BigNorm

Boobie Inspector
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Touring
My right driving light my R3T came with has burnt out for the second time. Any idea why this could be happening. It is the same one I replaced not too long ago. It came with a 30W and I replaced both sides with 50W bulbs. Would replacing them with LEDs fix the problem or would I continue blowing out bulbs. Thanks for your time and input.

Combination of current erosion and vibration; since both on same side, you may have more vibration on that side.
LEDs will not be susceptible to either of those conditions

Is there anything I can do to soak up some of that vibration? Is there an affordable option for replacement? Paul shared with me the bulbs you recomended to him that he is running but 200 is a little steep. At least for the time being. Can they be converted to H4s?

I hate to be cheap but I'm working on a budget. Observe my home made 1/4" thick windshield post. lol. It's not the prettiest thing I've ever done but it works and saved me close to $200 but I may offset that more by buying the madstad bracket and cutting out a piece of 1/8" plexi to totally get rid of my buffetting. I rode all day yesterday without the windshield and I can say it gets old after about an hour. I'm trying to get set up to ride tank to tank for my trip down to Texas for the Twisted Sister run. I'm totally stoked to meet everyone.

Look at the kuraykan phase 7 lamps they will fit inside the bucket and has a 3 year warranty on them and if I remember they r around $150

Replacing the stock wattage with higher wattage bulbs will ultimately cause you problems. If you keep doing it you run a chance of frying the wiring. Don't ask how I know.

Back