Bradley84

Standard Bore
Ride
2006 Rocket 3
G'day all. I recently got myself a 2006 Rocket 3. Fueled up up the other day after the fuel light came on. Surprised that it still took 12 litres. Is it usual for the light to come on at around half a tank and if so can it be changed. I regularly do long rides and would prefer it not to come on so early.

Cheers
Brad.

Hello Brad, Your bike may be normal for itself. Many of us have asked the same question you have here. It seems that none of our bikes are alike in this regard. The placement of the e tank seems to be the issue. Most simply ignore the light and go with their mileage or fuel gauge.

Do a quick search on fuel gauge adjustment and you will see that this discussion has been going on for years, yes it is possible to bend the arm while checking voltage and make it a bit more acceptable or like most of us just ignore it and reset your trip meter after each fill-up.

Yup as stated above I just never was motivated enough to mess with it. I just waited until it came on and fueled up. Did this a few times to figure out how much was still in there on average once the light came on. Now when the light comes on I know I have XX amount of fuel in there until I NEED gas so I can go the appropriate number of miles further. I do that instead of using the tripometer in case I've done some heaving handed throttling on that particular tank since filling up.

i just set trip A on the ODO every time i fill up. Get about 290ks (or 180miles for our brothers in the north of the globe) a little to spare.

i just set trip A on the ODO every time i fill up. Get about 290ks (or 180miles for our brothers in the north of the globe) a little to spare.
Yeah mate, I've been doing the same. Light comes on around 160km.
Sorry lads, should have checked other threads about it. Still getting used to the page.

Cheers
Brad

Back