I have TORS for sale for Au$450 (US$320) + postage and have sent them to the US before. I sold another 2 sets in the past week and have just two left.
For Sale - Pristine, unmarked, shiny new in box set of Touring TORs

Postage to West Virginia was about Au$200 (US$142) all up after being heavily re-packed and double skinned by me to prevent dingles caused during transport by inadequate factory packing and thin weak cartons and foam cups. That is why I buy 4 at a time and they get sent strapped together which much reduces shipping damage to me. I inspect before re-packing.

That cross-pipe pictured is a Dave Platt UK made one but not the best by far and that price is noxious. @Paul Bryant Viking Exhausts' NZ version is much, much better and possibly cheaper, even after delivery costs are compared. His headers and mufflers are pieces of art as well.
Thanks. Bookmarked this. I have a lot of studying to do on the subject. My immediate need is to get these floorboards adjusted. Mor forward and at least an inch lower.

@DodahMan Bad idea lowering the floorboards as it will significantly decrease lean angle!
Yes, many have said this. I measured the height of my roadstar boards to the pavement and they are a full inch lower than the R3s. I am going to have to do something to get more room on these floorboards. Too high and too tight. I was checking out the Indians yesterday when I was visiting the local Triumph dealership (they now carry Indianas as well) and I found it interesting that Polaris has placed the floorboards on those machines farther forward, actually pretty close to the Highway bars. Triumph has placed theirs pretty far back in the opposite direction. Ok, Britt bikes never really had floorboards anyway so I understand. I will,probably cut that monstrous brake pedal completely off and refit a folding spring loaded Harley sportster pedal. Much smaller and more useable room on the floorboard.

I also,have studied the idea of doing away with the floorboards all together and installing forward controls. That indeed will provide more room. I have to do something, can't live with these floorboards as they are.

Highway pegs should help stretch your legs to get more comfortable.
The bike came with a nice set and I will try them out. I need to spend a thousand miles of riding on it first to see how I can acclimate to it. Honestly, it feels smaller than my old roadstar as far as sitting room goes.

The bike came with a nice set and I will try them out. I need to spend a thousand miles of riding on it first to see how I can acclimate to it. Honestly, it feels smaller than my old roadstar as far as sitting room goes.

How tall are you? I work with a guy that is 6'6" or so that rides a R3T, he moved his controls forward by fabricating some new rails for the controls and a few other things. He also cut his highway bars and bent them forward into the notch in the radiator shroud, if you didn't know he did it you can't tell at first glance. I can have him get in contact with you to give you the particulars if you would like.

bob

How tall are you? I work with a guy that is 6'6" or so that rides a R3T, he moved his controls forward by fabricating some new rails for the controls and a few other things. He also cut his highway bars and bent them forward into the notch in the radiator shroud, if you didn't know he did it you can't tell at first glance. I can have him get in contact with you to give you the particulars if you would like.

bob
Bob, that is an offer I can not refuse. As everyone says when a friend gets a new bike "make it yours" . . . that to me means making it adapt to YOUR needs. I am an aged 6'5/280. Years of football and weights have taken their toll. My dream bike was a Victory Vision with a rocket III motor shoehorned in there. That Frankenstein monster is not possible but I spent a year studying it. The Vision is the most comfortable bike I have ever sat on. Did 1500 miles on one a few years ago. I do not like the style but love the comfort of it. I seriously want to make changes to the R3T regarding the boards. Is there a way I can contact you privately?

If you go up here:

upload_2018-10-10_9-55-11.png

You should have a notification over the envelope icon. Click on it to go to your IMs

bob

Software and drivers - TuneECU - Links

cables - USB Cable for Triumph Motorcycle TuneECU Program : Amazon.com : Automotive

Kmutt, and everyone else, I am just glad to help fellow Rocket riders. AND I am tired of hearing how the Touring models will barely outrun Harleys. This should change the game for many of you and may be all you need for performance for a while.

Give me a little time to finish up the testing on the new exhaust and intake and we will really change the bolt-on performance results. ;)
Amazon says the cable isn't available. Is there a good alternative?

Ladies and gents,
I have had more than a few calls about Touring model performance. This should help out more than a few of you.

The Touring models are the same except for the exhaust and ECU calibration. BOTH are very restricted.The ECU controls the secondary throttles and actually closes them at higher rpm and higher gears. In the exhaust, the header is the same, but the box after the header is very restrictive. Slip-ons (TORS and D&D) really don't do much except for sound.

Neither do air filters under the seat. Triple K&N RU-2780 filters make a bit more from 4000-5500 rpm, but have the same peak power output as the stock air filter. The stock intake plenum and ducting actually makes more torque under 3000 rpm than triple RU-2780 filters under the bearclaw. It is not until you go to a full exhaust system that the RU-2780 filters make a difference.

A stock R3T or one with a slip-on exhaust tends to make ~86 hp on my dyno (~ 13% lower than a Dynojet), and 130-131 ft-lb of torque. Simply re-calibrating the ECU (mapping) tends to result in 115-117 hp, and 140-142 ft-lb of torque. A very nice improvement.

Attached is a "tune" for stock and slip-on exhaust R3T models, as well as a graph of output differences. Dashed lines are torque. Red is an R3T with TORS and stock air filter. Yellow is after tuning. This resulted in 43+ mpg cruising at 70 mph on 87 octane fuel. Speedo corrected for stock tire. Speed limiter raised. Ignition timing improved in lower gears. ENJOY!

You can also find this map on Tom Hamburg's TuneECU.com site under the custom Triumph tunes section.

R3T TORS graph.jpg
Where do find the attachment? I see the graph, but not an attachment.
Thanks!

Back