I never have but will be doing them this winter along with some other maintenance. Quite a few people have done them themselves. I am going to use a home made tool (another member made it) to do mine without taking the cams out, hopefully push down the bucket far enough to remove and replace any shims that may need replaced to adjust the valves. Without the tool the cam ladder and cams have to be removed (IIRC). Others have used the tool and it seems to work. :)

bob
I was afraid of that. Britt engineers could learn a lot for the Japanese engineers in that regard. Yours will not be an easy task.

Well, it the bike is now in the people's republic of northern va I presume that at some point it will be headed back to the low country which means you're going right past here.

Simple solution! Stop by here, let it cool off overnight, drink beers, stuff the new tune in, reset adaption and ISVC, do the 12 minute tune, pat ya on the bum and send ya home.

I didn't notice any real change in fuel mileage on mine. Probably going to see a reduction in rear tire mileage though. :D
Lol! I bet so.

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that. My plans are to tag this monster and ride the Shenandoah hills and byways this fall. She will winter up here (I am based in Dulles) unless something drastic changes. As far as mods go, I want to get some more legroom. I am going to engineer something for the floorboards and I have access to a plasma cutter and plate steel. I think I can build a relocation bracket. I just need some more room. Rode it yesterday around the neighborhood up here and it's quite impressive as is. It's got a set of Triumph pegs on the Highway bars so that will help a lot for now.

Lol! I bet so.

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on that. My plans are to tag this monster and ride the Shenandoah hills and byways this fall. She will winter up here (I am based in Dulles) .

There's several members right near you . If you ask nicely I suspect one of them will help you out. :D

Blue ridge mountain road from 7 west of Purcellville to 50 over mount weather. Don't miss it! Just remember when you're getting close to 50 and see the sign that says hairpin right turn, 15mph believe it.:eek:

Or you could just sign up for the Maggie Valley June 2019 rally. There will be plenty of old timers with laptops and cables ready to assist

That kinda sounds like a ..... what's the word ?
Contradiction of terms .... ? :roll::roll::roll:

Or has technology been around so long that all the old timers were born in this new age :( :D

Hate to burst yet bubble there gramps but laptops and cables have been oldschool for over a decade or so now.:p:roll:.

Android, iPhone and bluetooth are what the youngins are using

Hate to burst yet bubble there gramps but laptops and cables have been oldschool for over a decade or so now.:p:roll:.

Android, iPhone and bluetooth are what the youngins are using
Y'all are really making me feel old. I am used to replacing needles in carbs and such.

Or you could just sign up for the Maggie Valley June 2019 rally. There will be plenty of old timers with laptops and cables ready to assist
I need to consider that. These machines are quire rare in my area of SC. Big reason why I wanted one. Things are changing though. Indian is selling a lot of bikes in the SC low country. I think that a Triumph dealership in Charleston would do well. Their line of bikes appeals more to the younger crowd.

I want to learn how to do this stuff and do it right the first time. Over the years I have seen many guys screw their bikes up badly then try to sell them. Most of them Harleys but some roadstar too.

Back