R3R Wheelie Discussion

Screenshot_20191124-100650.png

I do love a wheelie , but they gonna cost you big money on a Rocket . Dry sump means that when verticle , your starving yer vitals of oil , and hard landings will knock out your head bearings gauranteed . Clutching her up will eventually burn your clutch and throttling her up stands a good chance of eating your output bearings . certainly not worth the collateral damage to me . @Claviger , when I set up my forks , whilst the front wheel is up on a stand , I put a small cable tie around the tubes at the upper most point , then ride hard and measure the distance the ties have been pushed down the tubes . The resulting measurements often tell a story !
Keep the wheelies short and let her down easy. All problems solved except the police.:rolleyes:

Ha yes the police . I had an XR 600 R , which was a proper wheelie tool . I came thru our town centre ventricle one quiet summer's evening , put the front wheel down just before the traffic lights when a policeman appeared out of nowhere and flagged me down . I was severely reprimanded and warned that if I was caught doing it again , I would have the bike seized and be taken to court . A couple hours later , I left a mates house and monowheeled the 300 yards to a roundabout , where ill be buggered if the same copper didn't appear from nowhere and stop me again ! This time , I was arrested at the side of the road and had to wait in the back of a police car until the traffic unit came along with a recovery vehicle . Fortunately for me , I knew one of the Traffic officers who greeted me with " what have you done this time Nat " ? Altho the policeman that stopped me was insisting they seized my bike , The traffic cop somehow smoothed the situation , told me this would be my very last chance and released me . I sold the bike shortly afterwards .

Ha yes the police . I had an XR 600 R , which was a proper wheelie tool . I came thru our town centre ventricle one quiet summer's evening , put the front wheel down just before the traffic lights when a policeman appeared out of nowhere and flagged me down . I was severely reprimanded and warned that if I was caught doing it again , I would have the bike seized and be taken to court . A couple hours later , I left a mates house and monowheeled the 300 yards to a roundabout , where ill be buggered if the same copper didn't appear from nowhere and stop me again ! This time , I was arrested at the side of the road and had to wait in the back of a police car until the traffic unit came along with a recovery vehicle . Fortunately for me , I knew one of the Traffic officers who greeted me with " what have you done this time Nat " ? Altho the policeman that stopped me was insisting they seized my bike , The traffic cop somehow smoothed the situation , told me this would be my very last chance and released me . I sold the bike shortly afterwards .
It's only a matter of time before I get popped for some moving violation.:(

Back