R3R mountig of the rear brake disc

Put my Rocket into the dealer yesterday in Edinburgh for the recall fix on the rear brake reservoir. He found this problem and is now in discussion with Triumph HQ wrt to warranty. Fortunately after my previous experience with failed TFT I took out an extended warranty so hopefully this will cover this latest issue. My bike has done 21000 miles and is over 2 years old.
A wee bit disappointed this wasn't picked up in the last service.
The solution was to replace the rear disc, bolts and pads. All on warranty. I asked if this could happen to the front and the answer was, "we don't know". I also asked if the new bolts were identical to the original, the answer was yes. I did try and probe further but was told that only Triumph Design would be able to say what the problem may have been. The garage just gets the parts under warranty and fits them with no explanation as to why this is the preferred solution. (The same was said about the back reservoir recall).
The workshop manager speculated that the bolts may have not been tight enough during the original build, (something they do not check on delivery), thus allowing a small amount of movement which then got larger until the stage where the disc moved on the wheel.
So the upshot is the bike is back to normal and I am left hoping in another 20000 miles I won't be needing the rear discs renewed again.

yes, there is problem, I opened my disc last week and i will show you the photos of bolt, they are chewed up and i have a lot of play.

IT IS NOT A FLOATING DISC

I am sending my old disc to aftermarket company so they can copy the dimension and make a better disc, wave design,

Triumph OEM disc is around 300$ for rear.

after this thread you can add me to the list.
In general the entire rear brake system is faulty and poorly designed/implemented. I'll report this to my dealer and revert back.

PS: The dealer did the rear master cylinder recall a few month again and it's already faded beyond use.

'23 GT

Last edited:
Back