Not Happy! 3rd brake bleed required.

That is quite a piece they came up with. I like your idea of braided line from the modulator to the caliper. What length does it need without the extra loop?
Ordered 1600mm excluding the two banjos (20 degrees side bent and 20 degrees diagonally). I would say 1500 mm should be better considering the braided lines should not be bent sharply. At a second thought I would install a tray in addition to the two grommets and the zip tie under the frame. Just to be sure it stays up and doesn’t fall to rub against the pipe. But that’s first prototype, subject of improvements.

About design… waiting for changing the other one. Four segments, three flexible, three joints.

Or trying to keep it from getting hot. Have you replaced that front line from the master cylinder to the modulator?
That I didn’t replace yet. The routing is complicated between the radiator and the engine and I wasn’t ready to dismantle so much. Engine heat is not a problem on water cooled engines, it never goes above 120 Celsius, the thermostat opens at 103 I guess and I use racing fluid boiling above 300C. All harness and connectors cook off before the brake would boils. On this one I plan either to install rigid lines from ABS to last segment going to pump, which must be flexible, or to install a flexible line until that segment. There are two fittings at 90 degrees which I am not sure I can replace considering the bending radius limitations. Aesthetics is impacted, I don’t want coiled hoses on the front of the engine. I’ll buy hoses and will see, but in the winter. Vapor fading usually happens in caliper if the brake overheats during extensive use. I don’t think it the case here since the rear brake is seldom used and it’s a front brake used by Ducatis after all.

Attachments

• IMG_0347.jpg
    IMG_0347.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0345.jpeg
    IMG_0345.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 9
That I didn’t replace yet. The routing is complicated between the radiator and the engine and I wasn’t ready to dismantle so much. Engine heat is not a problem on water cooled engines, it never goes above 120 Celsius, the thermostat opens at 103 I guess and I use racing fluid boiling above 300C. All harness and connectors cook off before the brake would boils. On this one I plan either to install rigid lines from ABS to last segment going to pump, which must be flexible, or to install a flexible line until that segment. There are two fittings at 90 degrees which I am not sure I can replace considering the bending radius limitations. Aesthetics is impacted, I don’t want coiled hoses on the front of the engine. I’ll buy hoses and will see, but in the winter. Vapor fading usually happens in caliper if the brake overheats during extensive use. I don’t think it the case here since the rear brake is seldom used and it’s a front brake used by Ducatis after all.
I forgot to add pictures of the original aluminium washers from the ABS. The sealing surface seems not OK and a little crooked to me. I have replaced them with compound rubber/steel ones and I installed freshly annealed copper ones on the caliper. I can't tell if my brake sucked air from a compromised line crimp or from between the washers and the banjos, I couldn't make leaking tests in the process. But I fixed my brake and fixed its flaws and that's the end of the story.

Attachments

• 20230508_105821.jpg
    20230508_105821.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 10
Back