rear brake bleed

sancov

.020 Over
Ride
rocket111 tourer
i am fitting a new rear brake switch and would like to know how easy is it to bleed the rear brake , my mechanic friend is a bit dubious about doing the brake bleed he is saying it might be easier to fit a pull switch connected to the brake pedal ?? i am not in favour of that idea

Might check out Speed Bleeders. I Have them and they work great! (I do not have ABS, though)

Just put a little brake pedal on while removing the old switch to keep out as much air as possible. Very lightly, just enough to keep the brake fluid at the sensor threads while changing it out, then release pedal after tightening new sensor with adequate level in master cylinder. A competent helper is helpful. Done quickly no air enters sensor threads opening. Makes bleeding almost unnecessary. Top off master cylinder.

Just put a little brake pedal on while removing the old switch to keep out as much air as possible. Very lightly, just enough to keep the brake fluid at the sensor threads while changing it out, then release pedal after tightening new sensor with adequate level in master cylinder. A competent helper is helpful. Done quickly no air enters sensor threads opening. Makes bleeding almost unnecessary. Top off master cylinder.
thanks for your reply the most sensible one yet

Back