R3R FRAME CHANGES

Oh but a unicycle does have a lean angle. The center of gravity always comes into play in any movement in any direction. At slow speed it only appears as if there is none. At speed, say like that of a motorcycle, the cycle and rider's CG would shift inward to offset the centripetal force generated. This would be like a motorcycle rider doing a wheelie in a curve.

The point is to question how a single wheel vehicle can be steered around a curve. No front wheel is required at all. There are acceleration and lateral forces involved, yet the wheel contact patch centerline is tangent to the curve radius.
Don't you just love it when Mr @Speedy talks sexy.

@Landstar I too have a 30" inseam, and I can relate I tell ya. :thumbsup:

And I have the upper body strength of a girl metaphorically speaking -- when I was little and the one year my father put me in little league baseball, at my time at bat, I could hit, and the other team quickly learned they could all come in, because the ball wasn't going to go far.

I have the custom seat (yes lowered), and while I just put on a new set of spec sized Avon Cobras, my *next* tire change will be the smaller Michelin Commander II or Pilot (?) up front.

Sorry but I got a bit turned around reading this. So some questions.

Using Avon tires.

If I understand correctly the rear is being raised around an inch by different longer shocks.
That is static, the same spring rating? Will not the pre load effect the actual difference when riding as well as rider weight?

The front is being lowered by using a shorter tire. The tire is also narrower but has a more favorable profile than the stock size.

So more weight is being shifted to the front of the bike as well as rake change.

What effect will the more narrow front tire have on straight line braking?

Rick

Back