R3R Seat Release Cable! Rrrrrrr

HowardRoark

.040 Over
Ride
2011 R3R
Hey guys,
I have searched here, online in general, and posted in the R3 Facebook groups, so now I have to start a thread. I'm replacing the seat release cable on my '11 R3R. The nib at the end is broken off, so I can't use the key to remove the seat. I tried today to find another way in, but that just resulted in cracking one of the plastic filler pieces. Have any of you had this issue? Or does anyone have a suggestion for removing the seat with the cable? Any assistance would immensely appreciated. Thanks so much.

Bob

I had to do that once
I took a coat hanger and squeezed it together then bent about one inch into a hook and went under the seat and hooked the outer cable and pulled may help to pound on seat near latch.
Now mine was the daul seat and i was able to release the rear with the rear latch.
I had lost my keys and thought I would hot wire it but i hit a problem the forks were locked lol
Hth

I had to do that once
I took a coat hanger and squeezed it together then bent about one inch into a hook and went under the seat and hooked the outer cable and pulled may help to pound on seat near latch.
Now mine was the daul seat and i was able to release the rear with the rear latch.
I had lost my keys and thought I would hot wire it but i hit a problem the forks were locked lol
Hth
Thanks for the help, I'll take a look into it. I had the dual, but switched back to the stock. I'm hoping to get a small list of options to attempt. Lol, something that would appear 2/10 seems to get to 10/10 real quick. 👍

Thanks for the help, I'll take a look into it. I had the dual, but switched back to the stock. I'm hoping to get a small list of options to attempt. Lol, something that would appear 2/10 seems to get to 10/10 real quick. 👍

Yeah, sounds like time for a little creative/ redneck engineering

I had to do that once
Hth
Could I bother you to post a pic of the under seat area? I can't seem to find one online. TIA

Hey

Attachments

• 20221114_173552.jpg
    20221114_173552.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20221114_173537.jpg
    20221114_173537.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20221114_173534.jpg
    20221114_173534.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 22
Not like i remember
My cable may have been lose where it was crimped or i may have have pushed on the release. I also have a different seat on it now.
I will try to get some pics of the key trigger on right side.

Hey guys,
I have searched here, online in general, and posted in the R3 Facebook groups, so now I have to start a thread. I'm replacing the seat release cable on my '11 R3R. The nib at the end is broken off, so I can't use the key to remove the seat. I tried today to find another way in, but that just resulted in cracking one of the plastic filler pieces. Have any of you had this issue? Or does anyone have a suggestion for removing the seat with the cable? Any assistance would immensely appreciated. Thanks so much.
is the inner cable broke or the outer cable question at the seat or at the key area?
will post pics of the key area.

Back