R3R Seat Release Cable! Rrrrrrr

A few pictures if you can work from key area
Has 2 bolts and 2 nuts holding the key assembly on.
Or cut seam and drill through the seat to trigger latch

Attachments

• 20221115_085906.jpg
    20221115_085906.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20221115_085859.jpg
    20221115_085859.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20221115_085857(0).jpg
    20221115_085857(0).jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20221115_085857.jpg
    20221115_085857.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20221115_085848.jpg
    20221115_085848.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20221115_085753.jpg
    20221115_085753.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 8
is the inner cable broke or the outer cable question at the seat or at the key area?
will post pics of the key area.
Yeah its the cable that goes to the key. Does that pull from the left side or on right? I'm pulling and it's not moving. Lol, I'm not as dumb as I appear 🤷🏻‍♂️

A few pictures if you can work from key area
Has 2 bolts and 2 nuts holding the key assembly on.
Or cut seam and drill through the seat to trigger latch
I have a 1/4" threaded rod and it doesn't seem to want to move. But I'm pulling from the key side, so I could be just being stupid

Not like i remember
My cable may have been lose where it was crimped or i may have have pushed on the release. I also have a different seat on it now.
I will try to get some pics of the key trigger on right side.
20221116_130940-jpg.121044

That hole above the arrow is where I'm pulling.

Attachments

• 20221116_130940.jpg
    20221116_130940.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 32
I will try to answer your questions
when you put the key in when the key rotates that pulls on the inner cable and the cable goes to the latch and pulls on the latch. if the outer cable is not clamped in its proper place then it will not trigger the latch.
i don't think that you would b able to pull from the key side unless you cut the cover off and removed the two bolts and pull on the hole key assy to trigger the top latch.
however if it is broken cable at the latch then the only way is to go through the seat.
i know that neither sounds very good/easy
some questions
does the key turn easy?
if turns hard try using your fist to pound on seat about where the latch would be.
as you have noticed i am not the best at explaining so just keep coming back with questions.
the inner cable pulls on the latch from the key side and it w2ould take a screwdriver pushing from the left side to trigger the latch.
hth
summery if you butcher the cover i think you could take the key assy off and pull on it to open the latch

Yeah, the key turns with no issue. The nib broke, so there's no cable attached to it at all. So I will need to push from the "non key" side? If it's at all possible, could you put an arrow pointing to where I need to apply the pressure with the screwdriver? Not going to lie, I'm also having trouble with visualizing it, since I didn't really study my seat latch. Thx

Yeah, the key turns with no issue. The nib broke, so there's no cable attached to it at all. So I will need to push from the "non key" side? If it's at all possible, could you put an arrow pointing to where I need to apply the pressure with the screwdriver? Not going to lie, I'm also having trouble with visualizing it, since I didn't really study my seat latch. Thx

i think that we have a failure to communicate lol
what is nib? and is it broken at the key area or the seat latch area?
to trigger the latch the screwdriver would have to come in from the left side straight in like my finger is pointed in post #7
the only thing that can b accomplished from the key area and i don't know if you can do that is to grab ahold of the inner cable (needle nose pliers) and pull the cable to open the latch on top under the seat

i think that we have a failure to communicate lol
what is nib? and is it broken at the key area or the seat latch area?
to trigger the latch the screwdriver would have to come in from the left side straight in like my finger is pointed in post #7
the only thing that can b accomplished from the key area and i don't know if you can do that is to grab ahold of the inner cable (needle nose pliers) and pull the cable to open the latch on top under the seat
Thanks. The nib is the part of the cable by the latch itself. The part that prevents the cable from coming out. Little cylinder thing.

Thanks. The nib is the part of the cable by the latch itself. The part that prevents the cable from coming out. Little cylinder thing.
ok
it looks like you have two choises screwdriver from the left side or take seat material apart and drill hole by the seat latch and triger the latch.
i am thinking that the post on the seat has two rivets
i will post pic of bottom of seat (latching post)

Back