I don't think you'd want to take a Top Fuel bike on a road trip. The fuel cost alone would likely prohibit that. Besides, where would you pack the party liquor? :D

GS it is obvious you have never road a Rocket with HP. (most likely stock ones) I have already fed Zx-14's,Busa's and jixers to the Millennium Falcon in the quarter mile. In fact the guy on the busa commented how I even had the kitchen sink on mine and still whooped his arse. Naturally I told him we use the kitchen sink to hold the front end down :D

You should feel the power of a Blown Carpenter Silverback!!!!

Quite true. I own a stock 2011 Rocket III Roadster. But I have owned and driven quite fast a ZX-10 and a ZX-14. I quit at 175 MPH on empty open roads. It was fast enough for me. I will say, that if I had an extra $4000 laying around (which I do not) I would love to have the Carpenter 210 hp upgrade. Alas...;)

GS

Sure I watched it, Daryl.

First of all it appeared to be a top gear roll on contest.

Secondly, a properly ridden R3 will leave the 109 for dead early on because of its 30% greater torque.

Last but not least, the margin between the two bikes is way too close in that video - it proves absolutely nothing - so, other than than for attempting to validate your own self-imposed demotion to V-twin land, what's the point, since there are so many other variables that can account for one machines performance and the others lack of same?:confused:

For TriumPhil...get it right...I AM the one who demoted to "V-Twin" land, Daryl owns a Thunderbird which is a "parallel" twin...so please get it right.

And if I remember right I was leading, I think, at least 4 Rockets and a bunch of Thunderbirds on our last dinner ride three weeks ago or so...'course I don't expect that to happen again...but it was nice while it lasted (I was the only one who remembered how to get to our destination).

Dennis

Good, experienced riders on both bikes (Rocket & Hayabusa) in a 1/8 mile and my money is on the Rocket hands down. After that, once he gets his revs up it is Hayabusa time, no contest. Still, it makes me feel good the Busa driver will have to work for it, at least for the first half of the 1/4 mile. :D
GS

You're 100% right.
Raced 2 busas.
The first one I smoked.
Figured I would the other one too
because the first one hadn't shown me much.
The second one was a different story.
I took him in the take off for the first 1/8 mile,
after that his powerband kicked in and he left me like I was standing still.
I was topped out at around 135-138 when he flew by me.
I asked him how fast he was going after the race.
He was still shaking and said he didn't know,
last time he looked down he was passing 200
and that was before he went around me..
Torque IS a wonderful thing for sure.
But no contest once that powerband kicks in...
At least not for mortal men,
Warp might make it a race though.;)

anyone who bashes the vtwin motor in my opinion really lusts after one. :)

Dave,,,
what are you drinkin there ole buddy.
a v-twin?
they're a nice "little" bike,
for beginners that is.
But I enjoy bashing my mates hearts when we go riding,
by asking the one all encompassing question.
Are we EVER gonna go fast enough i can get out of third gear?;)
Heck, that's why I bought the wife a Rocket,
so I wouldn't have to ride in third all the time with her on a harley....

Oi Skip where the have ya been started to think something must of happened or you were snobing us

Carpenter

One of his builds did a 9.0/157 mph in the 1/4 mile. Just so happens I have my 07 Classic down there now for a build including his cams, CNC porting, a higher volume fuel pump, stronger valve springs with titanium retainers and 11.8:1 pistons. Triumph America knows about what he is getting from these enfinines and is very interested.
I think VERY few street bikes will touch it!
Pump that baby up! The motor in stock form is SO DE-TUNED with a "baby cam"
2300 cc and a mere 120 HP?

One of his builds did a 9.0/157 mph in the 1/4 mile. Just so happens I have my 07 Classic down there now for a build including his cams, CNC porting, a higher volume fuel pump, stronger valve springs with titanium retainers and 11.8:1 pistons. Triumph America knows about what he is getting from these enfinines and is very interested.
I think VERY few street bikes will touch it!
Pump that baby up! The motor in stock form is SO DE-TUNED with a "baby cam"
2300 cc and a mere 120 HP?

Yes Zen his components are great just getting ready to roll 8000 miles on his stuff. I am running the same pistons and cams, only I also added the Crower Rods, Titanium intake valves 2 mm larger, and O-ringed the head. Oh and there is that air filtration system mounted on the side that adds a little pep to it :D

Yes Zen his components are great just getting ready to roll 8000 miles on his stuff. I am running the same pistons and cams, only I also added the Crower Rods, Titanium intake valves 2 mm larger, and O-ringed the head. Oh and there is that air filtration system mounted on the side that adds a little pep to it :D
you mean the hair dry or is that just a Generator.... power generator:D

Back