R3 + shortbed = what the hell are you doing?

I've thought about selling mine but since they are paid for, don't eat anything and I just might need them again, they sit under the eve alongside the garage.

Just discovered this trailer. May need to pay them a visit with the Rocket and see if they will add sides - bigger wheels are an option.
plataforma-transporte-quad-motos-trike.jpg

Looks like a nice one but wondering why you need sides. 14in wheels will serve you well but 15 inch is more common here for heavy duty trailers running at freeway speeds.

Looks like a nice one but wondering why you need sides. 14in wheels will serve you well but 15 inch is more common here for heavy duty trailers running at freeway speeds.
They would be 13" wheels - Limited to 50mph when towing (60 wont get you stopped) - bigger than that means the bed is higher. My current trailer has 13" and crossed Europe happily. The alternative would be something custom on 16" off-road tyres like the landrover.

Sides so I can use it as a box trailer too. I wont keep 2 trailers if I can avoid it. I think I'd also have an inertia brake fitted. Found quite a few with removable sides but not that natty sloped bed and what looks like a good ramp.

€1064 with 13" wheels and a spare wheel, plus jockey wheel.

I used to tow my bikes up and down to the cabin, now I have a couple there... and I want to ride my rocket now... so...while I wanted to ride the Rocket from FL to NC and back, its a terrible ride, straight line, hot, eating my precious (mean expensive) tires with no reason... so I'll just load the bike in the truck. I have a truck with a regular bed ( 6-1/2 Ft ). So the rear tire will rest on the tailgate, which I never like. When I had another bike (a Yamaha Warrior), I got this harbor freight choc, mounted on a plank and loaded the bike using that. In this way, there is no much weight on the tailgate . I just added a new hole this time, because the rocket tire is a bit larger...
I just have to remember to remove the sunpass from the bike this time...

signal-2021-04-29-131426.jpeg
signal-2021-04-29-131445_001.jpeg
signal-2021-04-29-131445_003.jpeg

Anyone ever haul one of these in a short bed truck? Going to go get my bike tomorrow. 10 hours there and 10 hours back. From my measurements of what I can find online the rear tire will sit on the tailgate. Might buy a 2x10x8 for the tires to sit on so all the weight wont be on the gate. If it works it'll save me a couple hundred, if not I'll just have to hit U-haul up for a trailer when I get there. I'm impatient and I don't always do the smartest thing (Like having someone else bring it to me).
No one can drop you off so you can ride it home? Party poopers!😂

Back