R3 leather panniers falling to bits

Another problem with my bags is the buckles. All the shiny stuff has dulled or the electroplating(if thats what it is) has flaked off.

If I ever buy a new R3 these will not be on the options list.

If I may, briefly, I'd like to inject a small history lesson for those that haven't been here as long as others and for those that have never met me or that I've not ridden with...

I bought an '06 Classic in mid '06 and joied this forum after that. Back then, we had 'get togethers', if you will..., where we all rode together. The first was in Kansas City which I didn't attend. The second was in Nashville. We all stayed at a Super 8 that was nicknamed the 'Taliban 8' (I'm sure Dennis and George 'Britman') remember that...

Anyway, there was a Captain there who no longer has an R3 'Pianoman' but is fondly remembered here by verteran posters like myself. Pianoman had a set of stainless steel beakeline clamps on his R3 front fender and during the course of our ride, he found ouyt that I had a mcahine shop (probably my big mouth...) and asked me if I could reproduce the design at a lower cost, and I did plus I improved on the design and Flipmeisters Specialty Products was born. I also came up with (and installed on a couple bikes in Nashville) a 50 cent throttle lock and to this day, I enclosed the instructions with every order for those interested.

I didn't get into this to become wealthy and while I may be a paid advertiser on this site, I didn't start out that way. I started out and I maintain to this day as a supplier of parts and acessories for the Rocket 3 community that are reasonably priced and excellent quality and I've expanded my own line of products as well.

The 'Signature' line of products are all made right in my own shop or sourced locally (when I don't own the machine tools to make a particular item). All the products on my website, I've used (an abused) on my own bike.

My mission statement, if you will, is to provide quality parts and acessories at a reasonable, non-inflated price (I think if you peruse my site, you'll quickly see that I'm not a fat cat, but a Captain, just like you, that is looking for a square deal).

I'll also 'chime in' with advice or suggestions on things I'm familiar with. I've owned a 'Beast' since '06 and I've had motorcycles since 1966 and that';s a helluva lot of motorcycles and years.

I'm back on the side......

Yes, Monkeybutt works. I use it all the time. Makes your Manties smell wonderful for the Missus.....

They have a shampoo and bodywash that leaves you smelling lovely as well. I recommend it (don't sell it)........:eek:

Oh my, that's sounds right up my alley. I MUST get a bottle of each! And no, Scot in Exile, you can't borrow them!

Three daughters

I have three grown daughters. They argue all the time. Sometimes I wonder. But, let someone on the outside pick on one of them and wow.....they have a gang to deal with.
I sure hope the captians are the same way. I just hate to see the level of arguing go too deep.
I enjoy the bantering. But, the name callling and slamming of opinions is just not needed.

I have three grown daughters. They argue all the time. Sometimes I wonder. But, let someone on the outside pick on one of them and wow.....they have a gang to deal with.
I sure hope the captians are the same way. I just hate to see the level of arguing go too deep.
I enjoy the bantering. But, the name callling and slamming of opinions is just not needed.

You overgrown Pansie! :p

Back