Link Removed

This set is for all the dual-headlight Rockets (Standard, Classic, Classic Tourer, SE, Roadster).

So in this setup, the two relays go under the tank? What is the cable with the 2 blue covers on the ends for?

Read the instructions, sort of see what the blue wires are for. Can you just shove each of the black H4 connectors into each lamp without having to remove any old wiring?

So in this setup, the two relays go under the tank? What is the cable with the 2 blue covers on the ends for?

I see where you got your question answered.

Since this is really going to be a permanent install, you can go ahead and make the cuts to the stock wiring.

On one of the stock headlight leads, I cut the wires about 4 inches from the connector. You connect the posi-locks to the blue/white (high beam) and the blue/red (low beam) wires. The others are taped off and covered. You can then plug the connector back into the stock wiring harness.

Since this is really going to be a permanent install, you can go ahead and make the cuts to the stock wiring.

On one of the stock headlight leads, I cut the wires about 4 inches from the connector. You connect the posi-locks to the blue/white (high beam) and the blue/red (low beam) wires. The others are taped off and covered. You can then plug the connector back into the stock wiring harness.

I'm seriously not into cutting at this point. I don't even understand what this does. Are you connecting the bulbs directly to the battery through the relays? Could you tell me path of the power from the battery to the bulbs with this setup? Which lamp does the posi-lock connectors go into?

Also, the bulbs are 55 w. How are they only running at 35 w with the stock connections?

Do I have this right? You put one kit H4 connector between the bulb and the bike H4 connector and the other kit H4 connector onto the other bulb? Then tape up the bike H4 connector from that bulb?

I found your detailed instructions in the Standard Bulb thread. I'll study up.

Back