sixpack

Supercharged
What do most people do with their stock headlights?? I find low beam too close to the bike and dosen't illuminate the road and if you adjust them so that low beam is half decent... hi beam is up in the trees somewhere... worst bike light I have encountered....:(

I installed the Eastern Beaver relay kit,
which brightens the lights enough for the lowbeam to actually illuminate the road.
The highbeams become flamethrowers; the reflection off of road signs is blinding!

I also replaced the bulbs with the PIAA extreme whites.
The combination is very bright, indeed.

As an added bonus, your ignition switch will last the life of the bike.

Installing the Eastern Beaver H4 relay kit for the RIII solves your problem. The stock illumiation is about 35 watts. Install the EB kit and you get 55 watts of glorious light. The stock aim is good and the brights will be properly adjusted.

I have the same complaint with my 2011 Roadster lights, low beam is too low when the high beam is adjuster correctly, will I get the same benefit from the EB relay system as the earlier models do.

Even the new bikes have the same ignition switch as the old. So yes is the answer to that one.

You didn't think Triumph actually listened to owner complaints did you? LOL

If you haven't done so, all dual headlight bikes should have the bypass relays. That's just too much juice flowing through a switch without relays. Until it just quits one day on a ride through the desert you won't appreciate the relay install, but the mod will give you much brighter lights "For better hallway vision". lol

I have the VERY early version of the kit that required putting the relays just outside the headlight buckets since they wouldn't fit inside. EB has a special kit for the R3 that puts them under the tank with longer leads. I'm sure someone here will know the kit numbers by heart but I suggest you email them and special request exactly what you want, I'm sure they are used to us by now. (we surely have paid off his mortgage)

You also have a choice of having a low beam cutoff switch lead that allows you to shut the headlights totally off while in low beam. I recommend that option to make the bike easier to start in cold weather as well as faster battery charging/servicing. Having the ability to shut off those two monsters with the flip of a switch is very handy. Should you not want to use it right away, just jumper the leads and tuck them away for now. Later on after having the bike a couple years you will be glad you opted for that little ditty. Trust me :D

Back