Question about TORS

D04011

Semi-retired adult film star...
Ride
20 R3 GT; 14 R3R; 14 R3T; 11 R3R; 09 R3 Standard
I called Triumph America/USA twice and spoke to 2 different guys who basically gave me the same answer. I asked how much HP increase there would be with the TORS and they both said none, just the sound increase. I asked why did it need to get re-mapped then and they said just different fueling with the TORS.

WTH?!? On other bikes I have had to re-flash, it was required due to the increased performance of the modifications. Does anybody know about how much of a HP bump I could expect or if the Triumph techs are correct? How much increase if I also included the K&N setup?

I am looking at other exhausts but at this time would like to keep the stock look.

One other question, I have been following the threads about CES exhausts and when I "Google" CES exhausts I only get the links to their car exhausts. Anybody have the link to the R3R exhausts? Thanks in advance.

Basically very little if any power increase from just TORS alone as you need to let the engine breathe. The two main restrictions on the R3 are the air filter AND the exhaust headers (the most restriction).
If you want cheapish power go for a system like CES AND a Ramair filter system or K&N air filters - you are. Eat to get the bike Dyno tuned after the fitment or @HansO would offer one of his tunes from his library choices. A Dyno tune could result in up to 165hp.

I called Triumph America/USA twice and spoke to 2 different guys who basically gave me the same answer. I asked how much HP increase there would be with the TORS and they both said none, just the sound increase. I asked why did it need to get re-mapped then and they said just different fueling with the TORS.

WTH?!? On other bikes I have had to re-flash, it was required due to the increased performance of the modifications. Does anybody know about how much of a HP bump I could expect or if the Triumph techs are correct? How much increase if I also included the K&N setup?

I am looking at other exhausts but at this time would like to keep the stock look.

One other question, I have been following the threads about CES exhausts and when I "Google" CES exhausts I only get the links to their car exhausts. Anybody have the link to the R3R exhausts? Thanks in advance.
With TORS and K&N you might get 8-9 hp
CES have not updated there website to include the R3 system.

I have TORS on my bike 'cause I also prefer the stock look. I would say that any performance gain is not really all that noticeable at legal speeds. However there is definitely improved throttle response and it sounds much 'more betterer' IMHO. I am very happy with em. I'm pretty sure that a re-tune is done at the time the TORS are fitted if you get it done at a Triumph workshop

As you say, minimal performance increase maybe a little quicker to pick up, deeper and more mellow sound without being annoying. I too prefer the stock look.

......One other question, I have been following the threads about CES exhausts and when I "Google" CES exhausts I only get the links to their car exhausts. Anybody have the link to the R3R exhausts? Thanks in advance.

Here ya go all you need to know:

Development and construction:
Rocket science

My quest and order for CES to fit stock muffler position so you could keep TORs for the look:

CES ****

Here ya go all you need to know:

Development and construction:
Rocket science

My quest and order for CES to fit stock muffler position so you could keep TORs for the look:

CES ****

Many thanks for the links. Very nice exhaust set-up you have - performance and great looks -doesn't get any better than that

Many thanks for the links. Very nice exhaust set-up you have - performance and great looks -doesn't get any better than that
More fuel in the TOR tune is needed because they are less restrictive and allow for more power. 9 hp for $450 isn't bad considering a CES system is over $1500, and then you have to tune in.

Back