Question about setting the time/date

azmerlin

.020 Over
Ride
T Rocker III
Hi,
Yesterday, I was testing some things so disconnected the battery on my R3 2016.
Later, I switched it on and the engine light came on.
I talked to a local dealer today who said that this happens because the date and time were reset due to disconnecting the battery and that I will have to bring it in to reset the date/time.
1. Does this sound correct?
2. Can I do these with the TuneECU app?
Thanks

Do you have a button on the left side of the speedo unit?

Sounds fishy, if you have TuneECU you can see what fault code is causing the check engine light

Sounds fishy, if you have TuneECU you can see what fault code is causing the check engine light
Would like to get the TuneECU, but there seem to be a lot of options, so am trying to learn about it, happy to get recommendations re Android device (I am an Apple user), Dongle (I understand that the R3 does not have OBDII, but on the site they seem to regiments an OBDLink.. so I am a bit confused), will also need an app

That's the cable

If you have a Windows laptop, you can use the (no longer supported or developed) Windows version of TuneECU, i can email you the ZIP if you like.

Otherwise maybe get a cheap Android tablet, and TuneECU app from the Google Play store.

That's the cable

If you have a Windows laptop, you can use the (no longer supported or developed) Windows version of TuneECU, i can email you the ZIP if you like.

Otherwise maybe get a cheap Android tablet, and TuneECU app from the Google Play store.
Thanks, I have a cable and connector I got for my Ducati, I assume it will work here as well, if you could send me the zip, that would be great, thanks, is it an install or just an executable ? my mail is rocket@zirlin.com , thanks

Sent, there are a couple of drivers in there that you need for the cable too. TuneECU is just an executable program

Back