Question about '07 R3 Classic

Lenny

.060 Over
Ride
06 Rocket Standard(RIP)
I have searched but cant find what i am looking for....ok it is my understanding that the touring model is a detuned version of the roadster right?... now i think the touring came out in 08 (i think).... now my question is, lets say a 2005-07, classic or standard are they more "mod friendly". Lets say i get a 2007 Classic would i be able to get a decent tune or maybe something Faster than a touring version?

I have an 07 Classic. Cat delete+ Triumph slip-ons, RamAir intake, Tune by HansO using Alan Fontaine Tune ECU. If you hang with this group they'll help you to modify anything. Decide how much power you want and how much you want to spend and go have some Rocket III fun.

Hey Lenny from a newb, and another NY'r, but way north of the Apple. Think I might be going to look at a '07 Classic this week. During a phone conversation with the seller he told me his '07 Classic is the 142 HP version. The bike has floor boards and bags (leather) so I'm thinking it's a Touring model? I'm old Harley trash LOL, and still in the beginning stages of researching these Rockets. I have no idea when (or why) or how the touring model was detuned but it would be nice to find out. The Roadster and the Touring have the same CI so must be a difference in compression, cams, tune? He!! I dunno...

I hear ya Willie....i am mainly looking for a 2up bike and i got a soft spot for the 07 classic, i want something along those lines but at the same time i will like the whole"sleeper" bike..

Willie the bike sounds like the classic with optional leather bags .04-09 standard rockets have 147bhp and forward pegs, the Classic has floorboards and the same power. The touring has about 110bhp and floorboards.The difference in power is in the ecu mapping. You can tune all versions with a little help from the good members here .

Willie the bike sounds like the classic with optional leather bags .04-09 standard rockets have 147bhp and forward pegs, the Classic has floorboards and the same power. The touring has about 110bhp and floorboards.The difference in power is in the ecu mapping. You can tune all versions with a little help from the good members here .

Thank you for that info, Kipper!! I don't wanna hijack Lenny's thread but my next question might be of interest to Lenny, and maybe others. I plan to look at an 2007 Blue/Granite Classic with about 21,000 miles on the ticker. Asking price is just shy of $6,000. If all looks right with the bike, does the asking price seem in the ball park, and, is/are there any things in particular that I should be looking for during my look see, considering the year of the bike?

I have searched but cant find what i am looking for....ok it is my understanding that the touring model is a detuned version of the roadster right?... now i think the touring came out in 08 (i think).... now my question is, lets say a 2005-07, classic or standard are they more "mod friendly". Lets say i get a 2007 Classic would i be able to get a decent tune or maybe something Faster than a touring version?

Hey Lenny,
The actual “Touring” (less BHP from the factory) model came out around 2008. These are easy to spot because they have hard bags and a narrow (180) rear tire . Prior to that I believe the motors/HP rating where the same as stated by Kipper. Engine color could be silver or black. The Classic had more amenities. Driver floor boards, heal - toe shifter and few other goodies. I had a 2007. I don’t remember what the designation was with the leather saddle bags.

Please, all chime in if this is in error.

Hey Lenny - Pic of a 2007 Rocket Classic. Nicely dressed + the bigger tires and HP (o:

My 1st attempt at posting a pic.... hope I did this right!!

'07 Rocket Classic.jpg
'07 Rocket Classic.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Willie, yeah i like that more than the Touring version. I'm talking to a guy in N.H. about his...pretty sure i will take but im torn between that and a 2011 victory cross roads...(but that is a whole different subject). Btw i saw the one you were talking about(saw the ad) i must say is a very nice looking bike.

Back