Put my Jack BE Quick to work today

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
As you can tell I put the JBQ to work today, raised her up and applied the Shine N Seal to the raw aluinum parts on the wheels. The bike was VERY steady left to right and I used blocks to brace under the tires. Rock solid!! I release one wheel at a time to roll the wheel while I cleaned. They were quite dirty, cleaning solution and the rinse waters were heavily tinged. Some tight spots for sure, but all accessable. Will apply the sealing layer tomorrow, spent long enough sitting on a bucket:confused:

Hoopla

Attachments

• P4040340.JPG
    P4040340.JPG
    375.3 KB · Views: 1
  • P4040342.JPG
    P4040342.JPG
    348.5 KB · Views: 2
  • P4040343.JPG
    P4040343.JPG
    411.8 KB · Views: 2
  • P4040346.JPG
    P4040346.JPG
    410.3 KB · Views: 2
  • P4040347.JPG
    P4040347.JPG
    416.9 KB · Views: 2
Are these the brackets left attached to the bike and what cleaning and sealing solution are you usin.
Yes the JBQ is permanently attached with 3 bolts, if you didn't want to leave it, it's just a matter of a few minutes to remove it and replace 1 bolt for you right foot peg. The sealant is called Shine and Seal. It's a 3 part kit, cleaning solution, sealant, and finish.

Hoopla

I would love to hear some long term results on that Shine - N - Seal.
It's says it protects for 2 years, others here have used it, maybe they can update their success. The sealant chemically bonds with the surface, it's not a protectant like wax. Once the sealant has bonded it keeps the aluminum from reacting to the air and other road chemical like salt,

Hoopla

It's says it protects for 2 years, others here have used it, maybe they can update their success. The sealant chemically bonds with the surface, it's not a protectant like wax. Once the sealant has bonded it keeps the aluminum from reacting to the air and other road chemical like salt,

Hoopla
Hey ya got a link?

Hey ya got a link?
http://www.youtube.com/user/whanab1?blend=21&ob=5

ShineSealtm Mini Kit

I bought the Mini kit, good for 40ftsq, it goes a long ways on the wheels, hardly used any.
The cleaner worked really well on my new wheels. I coated with the sealer, then had to go back around and wipe off the excess with a dry lint free. The lint free only stay lint free for a short time as the sharp edges of the wheels and any roughness abraids the cloth easily, no problem though, it kind of gives you notice that you may have too much on, as it beads around the fibers left on the wheel. All in all satistisfied with it. The cleaning takes the most time, as it's clean and rinse in all of those tight spots, would be MUCH easier to have the wheels off.

Hoopla

Hoopla
If it really works like that it is worth what ever is may cost. Very interesting.

Back