Purchasing a used 2020 Rocket 3 GT - what to look out for?

FWIW heres my input...First and foremost i wouldnt be put off this bike just because the service light is on...there may be a number of simple reasons for this.
ok..the first service may or may not have been done but i personally would get the filter and oil changed just for peace of mind going forward. If the date clock is on the wrong day...time etc..the spanner in the orange circle will be on. This is easily set right...go into your menu by pushing the menu button on the right side and play a bit.......With the amount of miles on the clock, you should be in Sports mode but do the service first....The service date will be up the creek if the date is not set on your clock....Just have a good look around and play with things...if youre comfortable ...buy it...its a great machine...trust me!..i have had two now!

On my opinion if you ok to pay 22000$ for used bike it’s no point to save 1500$ on new bike with warranty and New! But if you find on privet party sale from the guy and got nice deal 17.5$k-18k$ plus another 600$ in registration fee because I bought with bad engine;) and all around 18.3$! 24-18=6000$ it’s a lot off money saved for parts! Only my opinion, still have yellow light for yearly service on dash in next spring will change again oil and will resetting it(maybe) did oil change myself no problemo with instruction from owner manual took me a 1 hour to do slowly and did not brake nothing! Oil 15w50 can be found online but oil filter need to purchase from dealer! Good luck in decision! It’s my experience and my point but it’s your life and money!! About cooper washer from left side under intake is true and I fix it my self for 15$ I have thread you can read! Take out bolt on 12mm throw o way copper washer spray all good with brake cleaner put Hondabond HT under the bolt head blue lack and tight it down and live bike on 24 hours to cure and you done! No need to take bike on parts and pay stupid money for the labor on dealer

On my opinion if you ok to pay 22000$ for used bike it’s no point to save 1500$ on new bike with warranty and New! But if you find on privet party sale from the guy and got nice deal 17.5$k-18k$ plus another 600$ in registration fee because I bought with bad engine;) and all around 18.3$! 24-18=6000$ it’s a lot off money saved for parts! Only my opinion, still have yellow light for yearly service on dash in next spring will change again oil and will resetting it(maybe) did oil change myself no problemo with instruction from owner manual took me a 1 hour to do slowly and did not brake nothing! Oil 15w50 can be found online but oil filter need to purchase from dealer! Good luck in decision! It’s my experience and my point but it’s your life and money!! About cooper washer from left side under intake is true and I fix it my self for 15$ I have thread you can read! Take out bolt on 12mm throw o way copper washer spray all good with brake cleaner put Hondabond HT under the bolt head blue lack and tight it down and live bike on 24 hours to cure and you done! No need to take bike on parts and pay stupid money for the labor on dealer
One correction. Don't need to buy oil filter from dealer. Online, amazon etc.

One correction. Don't need to buy oil filter from dealer. Online, amazon etc.
You have correct part number on oil filter you used and sure it fits under cover and right size? My local shop was not sure and recommended me to buy from dealer and didn’t be stupid to start oil change and stack without correct filter on halfway down the road! So I will be appreciated if you tell me part# please!!

You have correct part number on oil filter you used and sure it fits under cover and right size? My local shop was not sure and recommended me to buy from dealer and didn’t be stupid to start oil change and stack without correct filter on halfway down the road! So I will be appreciated if you tell me part# please!!
I am sure there are others but I like this one cause easy on off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210924-121343_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-121343_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20210924-121332_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210924-121332_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 5
I am sure there are others but I like this one cause easy on off.
So K&N 204-1 Work for sure you did install it and that bolt in end did not interfere with nothing under cover? You did install in on your bike?? This type I was always using on my Harley that welded nut did filter change 5 minutes deal! With regular Tools don’t need to remove bottom bolts to stick strap oil wrench and make space for movement!! I bought already wrench for oil filter dealer style ;)

So K&N 204-1 Work for sure you did install it and that bolt in end did not interfere with nothing under cover? You did install in on your bike?? This type I was always using on my Harley that welded nut did filter change 5 minutes deal! With regular Tools don’t need to remove bottom bolts to stick strap oil wrench and make space for movement!! I bought already wrench for oil filter dealer style ;)
Yup, fits perfect and like you said wrench makes it easy. Don't mind higher price than others.

Yup, fits perfect and like you said wrench makes it easy. Don't mind higher price than others.
I would not say is more expensive than original from dealer same 17$ a pice On eBay !! Thx appreciate for for tip on oil filter and cold start trick tomorrow definitely try it!

Back