Purchasing a used 2020 Rocket 3 GT - what to look out for?

They are supposedlty getting a 2022 in next month, I asked them to quote that as well. In the Pheonix area they are asking some high prices for use MC's.
This bike is at Eurocycle in Vegas, 2020, 1032 miles.

387DEDE9-A382-46A5-8584-89166DF75B34.png

ROAD TRIP!!
I’m not impressed by my local Eurocycle. It’s a really big operation. So do your homework on that bike in Vegas. It’s pretty close to you. It was probably bought there originally so they should have the service records. Look on Cycletrader to see comparable prices nationwide. I bought a used Rocket III from Baxter Cycle (very reputable) and had them ship it for about $500. Easy peasy.

7D09E3BD-BB21-4059-8D4C-F30296E5A0D9.png

They are asking $21,400 with a $795 Prep/Rigging Fee, and $495 documentation fees
This dealer sounds shady. Why $795 prep fees for a used already prepped bike? They should only charge you the first service (assuming it hasn't been done), and that is ~$385. And 496 doc fees? WTF?
I agree with the guys. This bike is 18-20K max, not a cent more.
Look around on cycletrader and compare prices.

Of course, this doesn't answer your original question.
In general these bikes are fantastic and pretty reliable. There was a recall for the rear brake, so make sure they do that, and if they do the service then the bike should be ready to go.
Test ride the bike, see if you like it. If you're not sure of the feet forward position on the GT, try the R model, you may find that surprisingly more comfortable.

Good luck.

There was a video early on showing mechanics uncrating and assembling a Rocket and it was quite a magilla. That’s what the $795 is for.

I appreciate all of your responses. Now I have another question. I like to do my own maintenance; is the oil and filter changes easylie done, and is it possible to reset the service light on my own? Thanks.

Back