Purchasing a used 2020 Rocket 3 GT - what to look out for?

Is there a service light on US bikes? I don't recall getting that after hitting the 600 miles.

Oil and filter change is easy. I ride with the wrench light. There is an app that you can reset. Someone who has done it will chime in.

I ride with the wrench light. There is an app that you can reset. Someone who has done it will chime in.
I wish I had your disposition. When my Wrench/spanner came on it was like a beacon. Like a giant zit on someone's forehead that you can't stop looking at because it bothers you so much. I don't like it on one bit!

Keep an eye out for an oil leak. There's a bolt with a copper washer below the airbox that appears prone to leaking. You can do a search and multiple threads have pictures of the precise bolt. I'm not sure if a consensus has been reached regarding the cause. Some of the earliest owners reportedly had their entire engines sent back to the factory, while recent posts have suggested it's a symptom of oil overfilling. I took my bike in for the oil leak this week and haven't heard back yet (incidentally, it started after its annual oil change, so I'm hoping it's due to overfilling).

I wish I had your disposition. When my Wrench/spanner came on it was like a beacon. Like a giant zit on someone's forehead that you can't stop looking at because it bothers you so much. I don't like it on one bit!

I bought scanner, downloaded tune ecu, but had trouble connecting. Forgot about it. Would prefer not seeing wrench. Just tried tune ecu app, states not registered. Went to download again from playstore, not there. May contact company to resolve, another app may work.
Don't care to pay dealer 60.00.

I bought scanner, downloaded tune ecu, but had trouble connecting. Forgot about it. Would prefer not seeing wrench. Just tried tune ecu app, states not registered. Went to download again from playstore, not there. May contact company to resolve, another app may work.
Don't care to pay dealer 60.00.
You have to buy it directly from Alain (Tuneecu.fr). The latest version (5.4x) has something improved with the service interval. Installation instructions are on tuneecu.net or on the TuneECU Facebook page at the top under “Files”.

Yeah, this makes no sense to me either. The effort it would take them to clear the light (if it's really a non-issue) would be WELL worth the apparent value to prospective buyers. If they're not clearing it, I'd be concerned there's a real reason for it. Despite the bike likely still being in the warranty period, perhaps it already had the warranty claim denied by Triumph for some sort of abuse or violation.
Is the difference that huge where you wouldn't just buy a new one? Plus you get full warranty period. Sometimes peace of mind is better than saving a few bucks...at least IMHO.

I had a good experience with this dealer. I think they have not serviced it at that time so they could not say one way or another if there is an issue with it. Per recommendations from this forum it seems Tuscon has 3 2021 demo models being discounted, one significantly more than the other 2 (would like to find out why). I have not reached out to them as I am waiting to sell one of my vehicles before I can do serious negotiations.

You have to buy it directly from Alain (Tuneecu.fr). The latest version (5.4x) has something improved with the service interval. Installation instructions are on tuneecu.net or on the TuneECU Facebook page at the top under “Files”.
Company emailed saying web is tuneecu.fr/
To download. I did, seems ready to go.

Back