Purchasing a used 2020 Rocket 3 GT - what to look out for?

I'm 5'9" and bought the GT, moved the controls back to mid position, used the leftover bits to install highway pegs, added the Rox risers, a tasteful windshield and voila, comfort like a lounge chair on the road and feels like a dirt bike when I want to play. Not everyone's taste, but I am missing the truck nut gene, am older, and comfort trumps looks.

Really curious on how you used the leftover bits to create highway pegs. I just got a GT that has the mid controls installed, and also got the bits. Pictures and explanations would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Really curious on how you used the leftover bits to create highway pegs. I just got a GT that has the mid controls installed, and also got the bits. Pictures and explanations would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Curious as well, I have an R but have been thinking about how I can fab up some hwy pegs

I'm 5'9" and bought the GT, moved the controls back to mid position, used the leftover bits to install highway pegs, added the Rox risers, a tasteful windshield and voila, comfort like a lounge chair on the road and feels like a dirt bike when I want to play. Not everyone's taste, but I am missing the truck nut gene, am older, and comfort trumps looks.
Pics of highway pegs?, or it didnt happen😜

Pics of highway pegs?, or it didnt happen😜
The nut, spacer and washer in pic 5 to prevent the bar from rolling forward were the main extra bits. I am surprised that someone hasn't made a kit that uses the OEM bits yet. It appears intuitive. I bought the footpegs from fortnine. Rubbers were removed from the old control arms to facilitate the footpeg install. I'm sure the cosmetics will be improved...I wanted to ensure they were functional first. They ended up in a traditional highway peg location and are comfy on the road:) Y'all are welcome to come over and have a look:)

Attachments

• footpeg.jpg
    footpeg.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 46
  • footpeg iii.jpg
    footpeg iii.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 45
  • footpeg barcode.jpg
    footpeg barcode.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 46
  • rhftpg.jpg
    rhftpg.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 46
  • rhftpgii.jpg
    rhftpgii.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Hi;
I am considering purchasing a used 2020 Rocket 3 GT with 1700 miles from a dealer. They do not have its service history and the service light is on. It is all stock. I do not have a feel on the reliability of this bike, what should I look for or ask them to check to make sure it will not have major issues in the future? Not sure if it is still under Warrantee.
Thanks.
Police.

The nut, spacer and washer in pic 5 to prevent the bar from rolling forward were the main extra bits. I am surprised that someone hasn't made a kit that uses the OEM bits yet. It appears intuitive. I bought the footpegs from fortnine. Rubbers were removed from the old control arms to facilitate the footpeg install. I'm sure the cosmetics will be improved...I wanted to ensure they were functional first. They ended up in a traditional highway peg location and are comfy on the road:) Y'all are welcome to come over and have a look:)
So where are the leftover bits coming from? If I move my pegs I don’t have left overs, Clearly I missing something

Very creative! and functional! Definitely gives me some ideas. Thanks for the pics!

So where are the leftover bits coming from? If I move my pegs I don’t have left overs, Clearly I missing something
Not just adjustments, but a change in configuration from front to back or vice versa. Triumph sells a kit that results in a bunch of leftover parts once installed. I can give you the part # and price if that is important.

Back