Proud owner of 2012 Rocket III Roadster with <8K miles!!!

Flying from Boise, ID to Minneapolis, MN at the end of May to pick her up and ride her to her new garage. My brother and his friend are shipping their bikes to Minn. so they can fly there and ride back with me! What a great family and friends I have. Sold one of my two Honda Valkyrie's to afford this bike. Have ridden the rocket before and really love the torque and extra HP. Looking to this board for tips, tricks and mods as well as maintenance. I don't let anyone but me wrench on my bikes.

I see you took my suggestion and added your town. :thumbsup:
Nampa, Idaho!?!? :eek:

You NEED to hook up with Bill @Idaho Red Rocket 3 !!!
He lives there as well . . . or do you already know Bill? :D

Welcome from Cape Cod, MA. You will love the Rocket. I had a 2000 Valkyrie Interstate that I absolutely loved. But I love the Rocket more, you will too.

Flying from Boise, ID to Minneapolis, MN at the end of May to pick her up and ride her to her new garage. My brother and his friend are shipping their bikes to Minn. so they can fly there and ride back with me! What a great family and friends I have. Sold one of my two Honda Valkyrie's to afford this bike. Have ridden the rocket before and really love the torque and extra HP. Looking to this board for tips, tricks and mods as well as maintenance. I don't let anyone but me wrench on my bikes.
That should be a nice get together with the family and the ride back will be awesome; All the best and "Be Safe'

That should be a nice get together with the family and the ride back will be awesome; All the best and "Be Safe'
Thanks geno. Just got home Wednesday. Rode through parts of Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, took in the black hills, Sturgis, Crazy horse, needles highway, parts of Montana, Wyoming, Yellowstone and then back home. Was a great ride and the machine performed flawlessly. Absolutely love the low RPM cruise speeds and the 45MPG is great. Actually, that was my average. Lowest was 41, highest was 49. Kept track all the way across. Experienced all the things we love about riding: Temps down to 30, torrential rainfall in Sturgis, Hail in Spearfish, 90 degree weather at Craters of the Moon, and just generally some wonderful sights, sounds and smells all over the place. Most importantly, no close calls, no scrapes or bumps, just a tired back and sore neck and a big, big smile!

Last edited:
Thanks geno. Just got home Wednesday. Rode through parts of Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, took in the black hills, Sturgis, Crazy horse, needles highway, parts of Montana, Wyoming, Yellowstone and then back home. Was a great ride and the machine performed flawlessly. Absolutely love the low RPM cruise speeds and the 45MPG is great. Actually, that was my average. Lowest was 41, highest was 49. Kept track all the way across. Experienced all the things we love about riding: Temps down to 30, torrential rainfall in Sturgis, Hail in Spearfish, 90 degree weather at Craters of the Moon, and just generally some wonderful sights, sounds and smells all over the place. Most importantly, no close calls, no scrapes or bumps, just a tired back and sore neck and a big, big smile!
sounds like you did some recon work for the RAA coming up late next month

I see you took my suggestion and added your town. :thumbsup:
Nampa, Idaho!?!? :eek:

You NEED to hook up with Bill @Idaho Red Rocket 3 !!!
He lives there as well . . . or do you already know Bill? :D

Bill PM'd me with his phone number. Just returned from getting the Rocket. 1900 miles and a million smiles. Was a great trip. I'll get with Bill soon. Glad to know there's local owners out there. My brother has a roadster as well, it's how I got "bit". Now I need to learn how to do all the maintenance.

Bill PM'd me with his phone number. Just returned from getting the Rocket. 1900 miles and a million smiles. Was a great trip. I'll get with Bill soon. Glad to know there's local owners out there. My brother has a roadster as well, it's how I got "bit". Now I need to learn how to do all the maintenance.

Bill will be a great recourse for you as he is VERY handy!

Back