Problems with your transmission: Tell the feds ! [updated 20190222]

Yes Cobba. Sorry I couldn't remember his name. Terrible tragedy. I remember thinking at the time that it was more likely something locked up.
I think they blamed lack of maint on the final drive, not sure if that was just a educated guess or a diagnosis.

Vehicle manufacturers have been known to weigh the cost of recall against the POTENTIAL cost of litigation/compensation for culpability...and not the only industry to do so. Ford US springs to mind - and which SUV kept flipping over in the US?

Vehicle manufacturers have been known to weigh the cost of recall against the POTENTIAL cost of litigation/compensation for culpability...and not the only industry to do so. Ford US springs to mind - and which SUV kept flipping over in the US?
Exploder oops umm --- Explorer

So I got to ask as I pay attention to Rocket problems for something to ponder on now that I am retired. My question is with the cir-clip movement problem that has risen on this sit which might approach 15 bikes old and new and for ****s and grins I will go 40 bikes out of How many were Produced?????? And unfortunately being a QA Manager after 30 years machining how is this percentage supposed to add up to a major problem with the bike? Don't get me wrong I am a firm believer of then fixing it if it was a box problem warranted or not. Heck 20 bikes is nothing my be is 100 bikes is nothing compared to how many were produced. As for the fear of everything locking up at say a speed above 80 mph Been there done that threw the shorts away !!!!!!!
When mine locked up it was a little different as I was and do hammer the snot out of it!!!!! And well as mine locked everything engine transmission drive line and wore a flat spot thru the steel belts on the rear tire I did not have a chance to see what would happen if I tried to ride it lord I was happy I did not have to bail as I already know what asphalt feels like :( Anyway beside clutch and front cover damage and a bent input shaft It was a day or so until I was torching the beach again :D I do not think reporting is a problem as if it ever turned into enough that would spike someones attention not reporting would stop that. I just don't think its a mas production problem maybe someone in the UK should chill their beers before lunch!!!!
YES but your bike was running a modded lock up clutch and a supercharged engine so doesnt relate to the problems on stock bikes

Actually Explorers aren't any more flippy than anything else....it's poor tire maintenance. Soccer moms buying a proper 4wd vehicle, not checking tire pressures and letting the vehicle go to hell......tires fail, lose control of vehicle. Not fords fault. It's woman drivers!

YES but your bike was running a modded lock up clutch and a supercharged engine so doesnt relate to the problems on stock bikes
NO chit Charlie which is why I do not count mine among the mix. I just referenced mine about what its like when everything locks up. Now go back to huffing your Pledge :D

images (1).jpg

some of us has had that happen. coming off the freeway with my sister on the back the chain broke and jumbled up and locked the rear wheel. was a scary ride to say the least. that being said when i throw my leg over the beast the only thing i worry about is some one turning in front of me. i feel that i can ride out of almost anything else.
just this morning was riding and had left good space between me and the car in front of me when a cage from the intersection pulled right in front of the cage he served into my lane to get away. so having that little space saved my rocket.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
i also think that triumph could correct the problem with very little cost and they should do this for safety and customers benefit. jmo

Back