fmansur

.020 Over
Ride
2020 ROCKET R
Looking for suggestions. I installed a pair of Triumph genuine heated grips on my 2020 R3R.
My problem is: they work at max power only and do not turn off.
It is so straightforward, that I definitely have no idea what is wrong. I have that sigh at dashboard w heat symbol and 3 stripes, both are heating, but I can not manage them. I have to turn off the bike to turn them off.

It seems so simple that it is difficult to understand. Brand new grips, genuine. Two connectors. Right side 2 wires. Left side 3… and it turns on perfectly…both side work…

Looking for suggestions. I installed a pair of Triumph genuine heated grips on my 2020 R3R.
It is so straightforward, that I definitely have no idea what is wrong. I have that sigh at dashboard w heat symbol and 3 stripes, both are heating, but I can not manage them. I have to turn off the bike to turn them off.
oh wait a minute, you have to get it programmed at dealer.

OK, I only bring this up because when I first got them I didn't notice the tiny little switch on the left grip at first. Did you also miss that little very small rubber push button switch by chance?

That would be too easy. Otherwise, that switch must be bad.

Last edited:
The install instructions do not mention any requirement for "coding" them in, so I imagine your set are faulty. Once powered, pressing the grip button should just cycle between low, medium, high and off, and the display icon should change accordingly between light amber, amber, red and then not display when off. https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9638304-EN.pdf

Back