Heated Grips Install (part A9638304)

After hours of work, I found the problem. Cables are inverted at the front connector. I did not replace the wiring, and the original was wrong. So, I inverted cables (positive and pulse) and now it is working!!!! I could never would imagine one factory mistake like that!!!!
IMG_5364.jpeg
Someone in Thailand needs there ass kicked!

After hours of work, I found the problem. Cables are inverted at the front connector. I did not replace the wiring, and the original was wrong. So, I inverted cables (positive and pulse) and now it is working!!!! I could never would imagine one factory mistake like that!!!!
IMG_5364.jpeg
If you look at post #5, that's exactly what I asked you to check. I stated the pins in the connector may not be in the proper location (reversed)... Glad you finally solved the problem.
I've seen this in the automotive industry while working in a GM dealership. More than once a problem was due to pins inserted in the wrong locations in the pinout of the connector causing all kinds of issues, usually associated with control. It happened several times on the cruise control activation circuits on a few chevys. Even the replacement harness was pinned the wrong way. I finally cut the offending wires and reconnected them to the right pins. Sent General Motors the problem and fix I came across and guess what they gave me.... a Backgammon game???? So much for solving warranty problems,,,

If you look at post #5, that's exactly what I asked you to check. I stated the pins in the connector may not be in the proper location (reversed)... Glad you finally solved the problem.
I've seen this in the automotive industry while working in a GM dealership. More than once a problem was due to pins inserted in the wrong locations in the pinout of the connector causing all kinds of issues, usually associated with control. It happened several times on the cruise control activation circuits on a few chevys. Even the replacement harness was pinned the wrong way. I finally cut the offending wires and reconnected them to the right pins. Sent General Motors the problem and fix I came across and guess what they gave me.... a Backgammon game???? So much for solving warranty problems,,,
I think I was blinded about my connections and I did not paid attention for Triumph part. So, I wasted time checking connectors that are “impossible” to be wrong connected and did not check the other connectors. When I was about to give up, I just could see the front connector w wires inverted. It was shocking!!! But I am very happy! It is good when things work and I was sure that my grips were good.

Back