Paul69

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3R
When I turn on heated grips after about 10 mins I get engine warning light. The error code is P0133 which relates to O2 sensor. Doesn't always happen with the grips but most times. I never get this error when I don't use the grips
Any ideas?

It's a guess.......I'm thinking that your battery is a bit low on power and the current draw from your heated grips is triggering the error code.
The general rule of thumb is that when the battery is a bit low on power, that is the time when odd electrical gremlins crop up.
Like I say...it's just a guess.

When I turn on heated grips after about 10 mins I get engine warning light. The error code is P0133 which relates to O2 sensor. Doesn't always happen with the grips but most times. I never get this error when I don't use the grips
Any ideas?
what has been done to bike recently? new exhaust? any mods? DIY ? serviced at dealer?

I would guess that it is a coincidence
You use the grips when is is very cold and the problem code comes on when very cold.
Again guessing the heater circuit may not be working good enough to keep o2 sensor hot enough to send data to ecu.
The code P0133 ( i don't have access to meaning today) the definition is the key as to what to do next.

Back