Heated grips maintenance

sunny

Supercharged
Ride
Rocket 3R LIMITED EDITION
As established, moisture kills everything, my heated grips after 1.2 years of use and seeing rain.summer,regular wash, cold and maybe dirt. The button started acting and stopped working and will only work randomly.

so I opened it up and used the Electric contact cleaner and lubed the heck out of it,

Air blast afterwards you are done, let it dry.
You are golden when you feel the nice click of the button like its brand new.

image.png

image.png

I have the original heated grips and toggle switch mounted on a 2012 Roadster. Never had an issue with them or the switch mind you the switch sits by itself and is separate from the grips. Surprised they started acting up so soon. Glad the contact cleaner worked. Looks like that switch is part of the hand grip assembly. Would hate to have to replace it.

I have the original heated grips and toggle switch mounted on a 2012 Roadster. Never had an issue with them or the switch mind you the switch sits by itself and is separate from the grips. Surprised they started acting up so soon. Glad the contact cleaner worked. Looks like that switch is part of the hand grip assembly. Would hate to have to replace it.
yes, its part of hand grip plus it soldered and its a cheap switch.
$3 of 10 of them and its not just triumph, i seen this cheap stuff on all latest superbikes like s1000rr bmw etc.

image.png

Last edited:
After 50,000 miles, I have had no water issues with the heated grips on my R3R. Around 30,000 miles the plastic button under the cover of the switch dislodged from the hole it sits in. After that, the heated grips would not work. My local dealer repositioned it under warranty.

After 50,000 miles, I have had no water issues with the heated grips on my R3R. Around 30,000 miles the plastic button under the cover of the switch dislodged from the hole it sits in. After that, the heated grips would not work. My local dealer repositioned it under warranty.
I keep hearing different warranty times on heated grips, how many years warranty on your heated grips?

I keep hearing different warranty times on heated grips, how many years warranty on your heated grips?
I am not sure. I had the grips put on when I purchased the bike and it was just over a year after purchase when the grips were repaired.

what was repaired., what happened to your grips?
Around 30,000 miles the plastic button under the cover of the heated grips switch dislodged from the hole it sits in. After that, the heated grips would not work. My local dealer repositioned it under warranty.

Back