PowerBronze Accessories

ArizonaKid

.040 Over
Ride
2021 Rocket 3 GT
When I was shopping for a suitable windscreen for my R3GT I came across other accessories from PowerBronze and ended up buying their front fender extender and their rear hugger fender (pics attached). I’ve bought and installed other fender extenders before and they help tremendously with keeping road spooge off the oil cooler and radiator. The rear hugger is nice also and is at least twice as long as the OEM one. For that job you pretty much have to remove the rear tire/tyre, which makes access to one of the fasteners infinitely easier. Using double-sided tape to position the front fender extender works well for positioning and holding the piece to the fender. Anyway, though someone might be interested. The Powerblade screen is still working well for me, by the way, and they also sell two other smaller and simpler screens should you be interested in that. (I’m in the U.S. and have no connection to PowerBronze, other than liking the several products of theirs I’ve purchased). Cheers.
F9F8B252-6C64-415C-A13C-4CD590E55F49.jpeg

Attachments

• 717DDFA8-6D18-4539-9DC8-3C0A370C0FC7.jpeg
    717DDFA8-6D18-4539-9DC8-3C0A370C0FC7.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 179
  • 89689F8F-5209-4F51-BE32-E1EB4CC14893.jpeg
    89689F8F-5209-4F51-BE32-E1EB4CC14893.jpeg
    199.2 KB · Views: 174
When I was shopping for a suitable windscreen for my R3GT I came across other accessories from PowerBronze and ended up buying their front fender extender and their rear hugger fender (pics attached). I’ve bought and installed other fender extenders before and they help tremendously with keeping road spooge off the oil cooler and radiator. The rear hugger is nice also and is at least twice as long as the OEM one. For that job you pretty much have to remove the rear tire/tyre, which makes access to one of the fasteners infinitely easier. Using double-sided tape to position the front fender extender works well for positioning and holding the piece to the fender. Anyway, though someone might be interested. The Powerblade screen is still working well for me, by the way, and they also sell two other smaller and simpler screens should you be interested in that. (I’m in the U.S. and have no connection to PowerBronze, other than liking the several products of theirs I’ve purchased). Cheers.
Still happy with the PowerBronze rear fender ?
I see that they sell different color models. Which one would you say is the closest to the OEM ?

I may go for it if it is sufficient to prevent loose chippings getting into this location :
1645268342211.png

And if I'd go for it, I'd wait the dealer to replace the rear tyre since you report that it needs to be removed to be able to fix the fender...

If not the other solution may be the full mudguard Trik solution but it is 3 times more expensive and I fear that it'd make my R3R less "bestial" ?
Ref. Rear Fender
(and #144 at : 2020 Triumph Rocket 3 Fender Eliminator )

Last edited:

How well does the rear hugger do with keeping road spray off the rider? Is it a big difference over stock? It looks like it would mostly protect the underside of the bike moreso than the rider- maybe that's the goal.

I would have guessed extending the other fender part (by the license plate) would be more in line with keeping the spray off the rider. What are your thoughts on this/experience?

I've had the 3R just a few days and haven't encountered any rain yet, but watching all solutions as I often do ride when it's wet.

Other fender extended...
1645274068256.png

(Photo by @jeroenelectrum )

Did you order directly from England, or is there a US source for PowerBronze?

Good info, thanks fellow Zonie!

Still happy with the PowerBronze rear fender ?
I see that they sell different color models. Which one would you say is the closest to the OEM ?

I may go for it if it is sufficient to prevent loose chippings getting into this location :
1645268342211.png

And if I'd go for it, I'd wait the dealer to replace the rear tyre since you report that it needs to be removed to be able to fix the fender...

If not the other solution may be the full mudguard Trik solution but it is 3 times more expensive and I fear that it'd make my R3R less "bestial" ?
Ref. Rear Fender
(and #144 at : 2020 Triumph Rocket 3 Fender Eliminator )
Yes, I’m still happy with it. I bought the matte black hugger. It’s about twice the length as the OEM one and sort of blends in with the other bits and pieces that are matte colored. It’s possible to remove/install the one fastener that lives just in front of the rear tire, but it’s much easier and quicker to lift the bike, remove the tire and then the fastener without the tire to contend with. If you have a cycle lift the rear tire comes off like a car tire - very easy.

How well does the rear hugger do with keeping road spray off the rider? Is it a big difference over stock? It looks like it would mostly protect the underside of the bike moreso than the rider- maybe that's the goal.

I would have guessed extending the other fender part (by the license plate) would be more in line with keeping the spray off the rider. What are your thoughts on this/experience?

I've had the 3R just a few days and haven't encountered any rain yet, but watching all solutions as I often do ride when it's wet.

Other fender extended...
1645274068256.png

(Photo by @jeroenelectrum )

Did you order directly from England, or is there a US source for PowerBronze?
From England in less than a week - I was impressed. I'm glad U.S. motorcycle plates are not as big as that one. The huge plate and the upward extension is probably more effective at keeping road spray down, but the aesthetics leave a lot to be desired (in my view). Where you live and how much wet weather riding you do might temper your decision in this case. No need to look for a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Everything on a motorcycle, including the suspension components, is/are designed to be exposed to the elements. If you are the concern and you live/ride in wet weather, spend the money on some decent wet weather riding gear instead of going hog-wild with this sort of stuff. I live in a desert and don't ride in the rain much (only on long road trips), so an extension of the OEM hugger seemed like a good choice. Like others have done, I've thought about relocating the license plate and turn signal bracket to under the tail light, and eliminating the OEM mud guard and license plate/TS bracket, but that would also eliminate virtually all protection from road spray, so I'm still pondering that modification. Anyway, to each his/her own.

Back