Danger! POWERBRONZE EXTENDED SCREEN

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
For those that have the same screen and commented they will inspect more, THAT WONT HELP. My screws were tightend every 3 or for hwy rides, and the screen had no cracks.
Just sayin.

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
Super glad you are unscathed. Wow. Could it be possible that a small, unnoticed chip or nick occurred at the edge of the windshield,or within a mounting hole, and a crack propagated from the damage? A rock or other jetsam, or even a packaging, storage or handling mishap? A materials scientist could look at the windscreen under a microscope and, within a few minutes, tell you where and why it cracked. Hang onto it, perhaps someone would be interested in doing the analysis. To be honest, the failure is statistically remote and I would not be afraid to put on a replacement...unless you have been struck by lightening thrice and paid for your Rocket with Lottery winnings:).
Thanks.
I noticed nothing unusual, cleaned it every week, screw tightening every 3rd hwy ride about.
I do have the broken lower piece. A very nice even break from one side to the other. Powerbronze might want it. Next week I may do the same ride and look for the bigger half. I remember about where it happened.
I had approached close to redline in 5th gear( don't know how fast that was, too busy looking at tach), and had just gone into 6 with full throttle then bang! Wonder what speed. Have to try red line in 5th to get an idea.

Attachments

• 20220109_131514.jpg
    20220109_131514.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 11

Azisbest

Turbocharged
Ride
2020 GT
For those that have the same screen and commented they will inspect more, THAT WONT HELP. My screws were tightend every 3 or for hwy rides, and the screen had no cracks.
Just sayin.
I have never tightened mine again since I first installed it. Is there any chance you were over tightening? Just trying to think of possibilities.

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
I have never tightened mine again since I first installed it. Is there any chance you were over tightening? Just trying to think of possibilities.
Don't think so cause I just snuged it up. I remember people having g problems cause they did not tighten.
And you never tighten, over 130 mph!
Thanks for the thought.

Azisbest

Turbocharged
Ride
2020 GT
Don't think so cause I just snuged it up. I remember people having g problems cause they did not tighten.
And you never tighten, over 130 mph!
Thanks for the thought.
Yea I have had it to max speed with no issues with the Powerbronze, but its entirely possible I have just been lucky. The hard plastic mounting bushings did fall apart on me at one point but Powerbronze replaced them on warranty. So I actually did remove and retighten the fixings on that occasion. I forgot about that. But the screens themselves have been fine. .

maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
Been mulling over the cause of the break. I did change the black spacers to the neoprene harder white ones. Wonder if they were too hard as the black ones had some "give". 🤔 just a thought.
Company said they are investigating the cause. Without the broken piece good luck with that.